Google Announces Google Edition Pure Android Samsung Galaxy S4

HNettles

Reaction score
I used to have non family members on a family plan. Theres no way for them to check. I went in and got the phone and added it to my account. No issue.

The only potential downside is if you're on the shared data plan. Do you trust others, not family members, to stay within their fair share of the shared data pool?

Or what if they lose their job during these tough economic times, and leave you stuck with the bill? Hmmm.... Maybe it's just me being old and cynical, but I have a tough enough time trusting family members, never mind the guy down the street....

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only potential downside is if you're on the shared data plan. Do you trust others, not family members, to stay within their fair share of the shared data pool?

Or what if they lose their job during these tough economic times, and leave you stuck with the bill? Hmmm.... Maybe it's just me being old and cynical, but I have a tough enough time trusting family members, never mind the guy down the street....

Could not have said it any better, heck I have made out some loans to family members and I am still waiting for payback.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love and trust my family. But a good rule of thumb is not to loan money if you can not write it off as a lost. If my family asks for money I will only loan the amount that I don't expect or need to be paid back. My thought is if they are in a situation where they are borrowing money then they may not have the money to pay it back. This will help prevent strained relationships and drama at family gatherings because you are angry with bill collectors calling your house and your credit trashed because a relative did not have the money to pay it back. I rather tell a family member all I have is less than you need and keep peace.

Any way back on subject.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

caboyzcoti

Reaction score
I was hoping they would use the exynos 5 version for the google edition. I feel like that would have made it much more relevant in the us market. big.LITTLE processing in a google package seems like a step in the right direction towards potentially fantastic optimizations but I'm just an enthusiast at best so I could be making a fool of myself saying that. On tmobile vs vzw, I have both near stockton ca and vzw actually gets terrible 4g(3mb/s) right here but it is better than the terrible 3g(.5-1mb/s) they had just a few months ago. Tmobile on the other hand is just crap where I stay but if you find a sweetspot somewhere in my rv I was able to pull down 7mb/s once. I downloaded a game and haven't been able to find that sweetspot ever since. Now at my permanent residence in sacramento ca I get 12-22mb/s on Tmobile and about 7mb/s on vzw and I have noticed vzw looses data way more often for some reason. I would definitely ditch vzw if I was the one paying the bill lol

Briankbl

Reaction score
Since this phone has an LTE chip, does that mean it will work on Verizon?

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Since this phone has an LTE chip, does that mean it will work on Verizon?

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

Needs to have a LTE and CDMA chip to work on vzw. As of right now calls are made through cdma or hspa+ so with out the cdma chip you would not be able to make calls (obviously that will change once vzw launch lte advanced). But as of right now since it have a lte and hspa chip it will only work on hspa/lte nets like at&t and t-mobile.

Crf450r420

Reaction score
I only know of the one app, so if there is a better one let me know. Sensorly, it has a bunch of stuff after the main word, but the icon is like a bar graph. Anyways this app is great because it uses real data from people with the app to map carrier signals. You can clearly see Verizon leads in LTE. We need to get everyone we can to use this app. I got my boss to put it on his Metro phone to map our area. So I have a better idea who to pick when I can leave Verizon.

They just upped the upgrade wait 4 more months to 24 now. I want away from them and may give up 4G to do so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

steeletown

Reaction score
Can someone clear something up for me, why is pure android so great. Except for it getting Google updates faster and no carrier bloat why is it so popular.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can someone clear something up for me, why is pure android so great. Except for it getting Google updates faster and no carrier bloat why is it so popular.

All that missing bloatware from the manufacturer and carrier makes your device much smoother and faster, plus you get fast updates.

steeletown

Reaction score
But you lose all the great features of the S4. Camera options, multi windows. I tried a ASOP rom on my S3 but missed the features of touchwiz.