Regular Galaxy S4 & HTC One Versions Will Work with their Google Edition Firmware

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs4-htcone-google-edition-software-flash-tweet2.png

A new report indicates that most of the regular versions of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the HTC One will be combatible with their Google Edition counterparts' software. For now this applies to the GSM edition of these devices and basically means that if you have the normal/skinned versions of these devices, you will be able to flash the Google Edition firmware to them. Verizon and Sprint owners will have to wait for the community to figure out how to make it work on their devices.

Source: AndroidAuthority

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I HATE how Google and Verizon are not playing nice with each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well Verizon not playing nice with Google.

I want to move away from my IP5, But VZW doesnt have anything I really want yet.

BTW, my IP5 experiment is a fail. I really dislike it as a whole. Cydia is awesome, app cake is as well when it works. The app store is over rated. Everything else sucks! You cant even assign do not disturb for specific day!!

I want android back. The Butterfly 2 is nice. Waiting to see the note 3!

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i feel the same way, pisses me off to no end to see verizon bicker with google. and verizon's phone selection is piss poor cause of it. you have a choice of either s4 or ip5, everything else is yesterday's news.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If Verizon decided to play nice with Google I'm sure there would be a bunch more new customers that would walk through their doors. A better phone selection would do the best coverage provider some real good.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If Verizon decided to play nice with Google I'm sure there would be a bunch more new customers that would walk through their doors. A better phone selection would do the best coverage provider some real good.

Vzw going to mess around and when other carriers catch up to the with lte and coverage they will find their customers out the door. A lot of people on unlimited still are on month to month anyway. I am liking how oems are playing nice with google. If motorola sneaks a rabbit punch in and releases a phone that just blows the competition out of the water and it is on google play. Man people will have a tough choice because we are all quietly rooting for moto to get their act together. We all know that moto is a sleeping giant that is due for another legendary device.

sleeping_giant_2.jpg

google-android-2-1-motorola-droid.jpg

GeLopez

Reaction score
Leaving verizon after 13 years and joining tmobile has been a great decision for me and the family. Lets play around and root the sg4 now...mmm normal or skinned what to do