1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

going to europe, how do I turn calling off, while wifi capability is still on?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by bobbyg, Jul 25, 2012.

1. bobbyg

bobbyg New Member

I'm going to be traveling in Europe and feel I can keep in touch @ home through e-mails, thus I want to turn the phone capability off, but want to be able to use the phone for wifi while touring Europe.

Any clues on how to turn the phone off while leaving wifi capability on?

Thanks,

bobbyg
  2. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Airplane mode.

It can be enabled in the controls in the notification area, or through long-pressing the power button and selecting it. After turning on airplane mode, you can turn WiFi on and use it as you please. The cellular radios will remain off while in airplane mode. And if you're still worried about accidentally turning airplane mode off, you can just remove your SIM card. Calls/texts/data won't be able to function with it removed. You'll still want to run it in airplane mode though in order to conserve battery (even with the SIM removed, the phone will still try to connect to a network if it's not in airplane mode, although it won't be able to).
Search tags for this page

airplane mode galaxy s3

airplane mode on galaxy s3

droid razr maxx wifi in europe
how do i turn off phone function on s3 and still use wifi
how to only use wifi on samsung galaxy s3
how to use wifi only on samsung galaxy s3

samsung galaxy s3 airplane mode

samsung galaxy s3 airplane mode wifi

turn off android phone when going to europe
using airplane mode for only wifi in europe
using at&t galaxy s3 in europe