Turn off cell service but leave WiFi on?

laseragent

Reaction score
Hi, I am traveling to Europe with my Verizon Incredible. I want to be able to use my incredible there on Wifi only. I don't think the Verizon service will work anyway and don't want to incur any massive roaming charges. So I want to be able to set it for WIFI ONLY. How do I do that? Can I use it for Skype mobile and SMS, etc just thru the WIFI then?
Any tips are helpful, I am new to the forum also.

LT*

Reaction score
Airplane mode ON > Wifi ON, Bob's your uncle...

OP
L

laseragent

Reaction score
THANKS! That worked. I just assumed that when you went to Airplane mode that you could not enable Wifi.

atthehop

Reaction score
When you use airplane mode you still have WiFi, I did it in Canada over the summer.

Woo

Reaction score
I did it in the Bahamma's in July with Airplane mode on and Wi Fi on and had no extra charges.

paulhusker

Reaction score
Has anybody here used Sipdroid when out of the country and made calls over wifi using that app? I'm going out of the country and was wondering if it still worked there. I've been successful in placing Sipdroid calls using my work's wifi and of course having the phone in Airplane mode.

Thanks!

Micro23

Reaction score
Hey great thread. Thanks a ton. I have a droid 2 and this worked. Now I can use my phone when I'm away on vacation. But most importantly turn my phone into airplane mode but still use it when i'm in basements or other locations and not kill my battery.

SWEET!

rcali001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Yes wifi will work with airplane mode, but first you must enable airplane mode then enable wifi. Works for me all the time. Live in Germany and traveled to France a couple weeks aft and used the hotel's free wifi to skype and text for free!