Go launcher

fic1

Reaction score
I have the razr max and using go launcher how do you go back to the way it was before. Are you able to go back and forth between the way it was to go launcher

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
If you want to switch between the launchers - you may need to download the "moto home fix" app from the market and then also a home switcher app as "home smack"...once you install home smack or similar app, open it and it will allow you to switch between your launchers (including stock)..

You can also go into settings - apps - manage apps and find Go Launcher under "all" or "downloaded" and open and clear defaults at the bottom...if you then hit the "home" key, you should get the option to choose which home launcher you want to select.

SallyC

Reaction score
I'm glad smalltowngirl has the answer for you but I had to laugh when reading your post, fic1. Last year, as a newbie to Android, I downloaded a third party launcher just to see what it was like and was horrified to find all the screens and apps I'd set up were gone! surprised-004.gif

Apparently I had agreed to this during the install, but I obviously didn't know what I was answering yes to. All I knew was that my home screens - and all my apps - appeared to be MIA and I had no idea how to get them back! I was expecting this new launcher to incorporate what I already had, and then allow me to customize based on it's functionality - not "disappear" what I had struggled so hard to create!

Seems kinda silly now but it really impressed on me to be sure I understand what a program does before I click on Install. That's not always easy to do as I think there's a lot assumptive knowledge in any area, including Android phones, and not all apps have links to instructions from the Play store. Hopefully developers will incorporate this kind of information more in the future.

OP
F

fic1

Reaction score
launcher

I tried in application to click set default it still did not work

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I use Home Switcher in the Play Store to switch back and forth and it keeps settings on both. Also you can set your default from there as well.

SallyC

Reaction score
If you want to "go back to the way it was before" I assume you mean with the default Razr launcher? Then, from the Home screen, follow smalltowngirl's instructions: settings - apps - manage apps and find Go Launcher under "all" or "downloaded" and open and clear defaults at the bottom...if you then hit the "home" key, you should get the option to choose which home launcher you want to select.