Gnex Import Cons?

Dmw017

Reaction score
Hi so seeing as how verizon doesn't allow 4g phones to be put on prepaid lines and tmobile won't be getting theirs until next year, I'm considering importing the Nexus from the UK using amazon where it's sold for $750.
What is the downside to importing? Will the phone work on TMobiles hspa+ without any trouble
The extra money and weak customer service doesn't matter too much. I just want to know if the nexus will function 100% like if I had bought it here.

Sent from the parietal lobe of your cerebral cortex.

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
Okay so I just checked TMobile and I gotta say I'm really really loving what I'm seeing. $30 prepaid plan for 100mins *I dont talk.. foreveralone.jpg*, unlimited text, and unlimited data with 5gb of 4G. $30 thats 1/3 what I paid with Verizon (95/month... 3g plan... smh)

I think Verizon is definitely out of the picture now seeing as how I sold my D3, I need the Nexi, and there is absolutely no way for that to happen with Verizon... Their LTE is nice but the extra $65/month is not worth the miniscule advantage over hspa+

i guess my only real question now is Wait for a US Tmobile release with 32GB or just import and simcard a 16GB model ... I could wait a few days before the 17th to see if there is any news on a Tmobile release date but I'm worried the nexus might be sold out or something ... ? any thoughts :]

OP
Dmw017

Dmw017

Reaction score
I know developer Fabolous just ordered one from a UK website and he's going to use it on T-Mo here in the US.

If you're on twitter, follow @bigxie and hit him up.

Here's his post: Twitter

Wow only $680! (..+50 for overnight shipping lol, its worth it)
on Amazon its a full $750 without shipping (if the EUD to US conversion is correct)...

Dunno how reliable these websites are though, amazon seems more... legit? :x

edit: oh nvm XD cant even buy it via amazon because they dont ship out to the US..

Last edited: