Gmail Update Issue (2/24/11)

Cwagmire

Reaction score
I check for android market updates more than once a day and when I checked this morning, I got a Gmail update so I'm fairly certain the update was released either today or late last night.

Anyway, I go to try and update it and I get an error message, "Not Found. The requested item could not be found."

I googled this and came up with a Google employee saying, "Also - if you've rooted your phone or installed a modified version of the Android Operating System, you may not be able to install Google Earth directly from Android Market."

I haven't had issues updating any other app, but apparently Google doesn't like modified versions of their OS (understandable I guess).

Anyone else using Gmail and having this issue today?

Note: here is the link to what I referred to.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yea i could see where the update wouldn't work bc its a stock app not an app from the market so it's a os update pretty much so us changing all that around is why it wouldn't work.....what's the gmail update for ant ways I don't see anything that needs an update

jovapa

Reaction score
fwiw, i got the update just fine.

I'm running liberty 1.5 with the " honeycomb" theme, not that I think that matters...

CrazyEddie

Reaction score
When I went to the market and selected Gmail for updating, it gave the error you mentioned (Not Found. The requested item could not be found). When I told it to simply "Update all" (it had Gmail and Google Earth flagged as needing an update) they both downloaded and installed fine. I'm running Liberty 1.5 and the super sexy LimeSlice theme.

GhostlySnow

Reaction score
Two updates were posted within the last 24 hours. I downloaded the update initially last night and had force close issues. I resolved them by clearing the data and gmail started up fine. I just updated gmail again awhile ago, and it doesn't seem to show up in the market either. It will update from the downloads page, but it doesn't show up in the search either. D2G running fission here.

jkieffer46

Reaction score
yeah i had the same problem. gmail didn't work for me either. couldn't get anything to work so i just uninstalled the app and now can't redownload it from the market.....doh!!!! anybody got a link for me??

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Very odd. Not sure why it works for some and not others. :(

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Mrgrey06

Reaction score
My gmail updated, but when I clicked to update it did show me the 404 page. Funny thing though, right after, it started to update on its own. No need for me to uninstall anything or clear data. Very weird....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Aequitas

Reaction score
I went to market and went to my Apps and Gmail didnt show, then it FC on me, then I went back and Gmail started updating by itself and installed and works fine... very strange that its not working for some