Problem Installing Gmail Update

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive tried "rename"/"Delete", but nothing is working, I have root but yet it tell me its a "read only" file. Any more suggestions?

are you using root explorer? if so, just click the "mount r/w" at the top right before you do anything

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the same thing. My difference is that I WAS rooted using Universal Androot, but since the last OTA update, it removed my root access. Any ideas? I just haven't had the time / patience to root the "long way", although if it helps my cause, I surely can do that.

the only way to root FRG22D is the long way at this point

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ive tried "rename"/"Delete", but nothing is working, I have root but yet it tell me its a "read only" file. Any more suggestions?
If you are talking about within Root Explorer in the top right hand corner there is a Read/Write button you have to select first

rikura4u

Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt response, I tried that, I renamed it, but I still got an unsuccesfull download error. Any more advice?

Mohawk3

Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt response, I tried that, I renamed it, but I still got an unsuccesfull download error. Any more advice?

After you renamed the previous version of gmail, did you reboot your phone before you tried to download the new one? After I initially deleted, I couldn't download gmail and get it to successfully install without rebooting.

I did make a backup before I deleted in case anything went wrong while I tinkered with my phone.