gmail password

kdlr

Reaction score
I had to get a replacement Droid. I forgot my gmail password to have all my info from previous ph sync to the new phone. I tried to reset the password but I keep getting an error message that username and password don't match. Can anyone help me figure this out?

OP
K

kdlr

Reaction score
I had to get a replacement Droid. I forgot my gmail password to have all my info from previous ph sync to the new phone. I tried to reset the password but I keep getting an error message that username and password don't match. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Ok thank. I will give it a try that way.

aldagoag

Reaction score
I'm using Motorola DroidX with Verizon and I'm trying to retrieve my gmail password. Is it stored anywhere on the Droid and, if so, is it retrievable? Google is no help since they say I can't establish that I own the gmail account I'm trying to access. This arose when I tried to download an app from the internet and was asked to sign on to my gmail account. I'm no longer interested in the app but would like to be able to access my account on the web via my desktop. Any help would be appreciated.

aldagoag

Reaction score
Thanks, but I already did what you suggested and Google said they can't establish that I own the account. Problem is they want information from years ago that I don't remember and neglected to record like account creation date and last password used. Since the account is on my phone I don't sign on to use it so I don't remember the password. Strange, Google stores everything in sight except who owns phones with their operating system and a gmail account for the phone.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Now that you say that I remember having the same problem with the wife's phone about two years ago. She destroyed here first phone do I got her a new one. Ended up having to create a new account for her. She doesn't use Gmail for email so it wasn't a big deal. Try doing a new account. Only takes a few minutes. Sorry I wasn't more help. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Strange, Google stores everything in sight except who owns phones with their operating system and a gmail account for the phone.
Strange? That they don't store your password "in sight"? Doesn't seem strange to me.