Gmail Notification

Reaction score
This just happened to me recently...like i lost Instant Gmail Notification on the droid, but i can get notification if i manually sync it..is anyone else having this problem?

joeymoose

Reaction score
No problem here... You can delete the account and re add it. It might help, can't hurt...

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like gmail isn't automatically syncing. On the power control widget do you have the one with the circle and arrow going around it active? If so you may need to delete the gmail account and recreate it.

joeymoose

Reaction score
Also under the account is contact, mail, calender all checked? That could be the problem...

OP
thebourbonnflip
Reaction score
Sounds like gmail isn't automatically syncing. On the power control widget do you have the one with the circle and arrow going around it active? If so you may need to delete the gmail account and recreate it.

Also under the account is contact, mail, calender all checked? That could be the problem...

Alright i might delete and recreate. and yes the widget is ON and everything in Gmail in settings are in sync and all checked

OP
thebourbonnflip
Reaction score
Go ahead and do it, then let us know...

yea so it says that i have to factory reset to remove my account on the phone...so..just to make sure.are my contacts automatically pushed to my gmail account so i dont have to type numbers again?

and if i do FR..do all my previous past text disappear?

Last edited:

joeymoose

Reaction score
You will only have to enter you Gmail address and password, the rest will automatically sync like it was...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Whoa! Or you can got to settings>applications>manage applications and then select gmail and clear the cache an history. This has been known to fix the problem, as it will make it sync again.

I believe you can also clear that stuff from the settings menu in gmail.

Just another option...that doesn't require completely resetting the phone to fix one apparently that may just have the same problem again after a while...

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm having the same problem as well. It looks like we're not alone, I see a new "Gmail not syncing" thread every week on this forum. I have no idea what's causing it, but it didn't do this until recently. I'm not rooted, and I don't have any antivirus installed. My sync is always on. I've tried clearing the gmail storage and gmail data caches in the Application Settings, and that fixes the problem temporarily. I've read enough of the same problem to think that something is going on out there, maybe with a third party app. Anyone want to run in safe mode for a while and see if you stay in sync with test emails all day!?!? I can't really do that this weekend, but it would be a good test.

OP
thebourbonnflip
Reaction score
So ya, i have cleared the cache, but i still DONT get INSTANT notifications...just to be clear i am NOT rooted and i DONT have any of those task killers/antivirus apps on my phone. ive sent multiple emails to my gmail account from yahoo but they are not coming in instantly where as i have to manually refresh/turn off-turn on the sync button for email to come in. I would do a factory reset but i do not want to lose any of my previous text messages. any other solutions out there?