gmail not quite syncing right

android15

Reaction score
Whenever I get an email to my gmail account, I open it on my Droid and read it. But it still stays on gmail.com as unread and in the gmail application it will tell me I have a x amount of emails when I have already opened them up. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
thanks for any help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whenever I get an email to my gmail account, I open it on my Droid and read it. But it still stays on gmail.com as unread and in the gmail application it will tell me I have a x amount of emails when I have already opened them up. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
thanks for any help.

Take a look at the settings in your gmail account on line. You should see something in there that will delete it off of gmail.com as well. Mine never stay on the gmail account and work in perfect harmony with my Droid.

OP
A

android15

Reaction score
thanks for any help.

Take a look at the settings in your gmail account on line. You should see something in there that will delete it off of gmail.com as well. Mine never stay on the gmail account and work in perfect harmony with my Droid.

Alright ill give that a go, this just started happening a couple days ago. Thanks.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If "My Name Is Not Bill"'s suggestion doesn't work, you may try clearing the cache and data for the Gmail app in Home Screen/Menu/Settings/Manage Applications menu.

niand

Reaction score
This has happened to me a several times and clearing just the cache didn't work but clearing the data does work.

kevdog

Reaction score
I had this same problem and clearing the data is definitely what worked for me.

OP
A

android15

Reaction score
Yeah clearing the data worked. Thanks guys.

cbg10nwa

Reaction score
i tried clearing data and wont let me update gmail app and it wont let me authenticate it.. everytime i enter the human pass code thing it jsut makes me keep entering more and wont let me use the ap market either cuase it wont let me sign into my gmail acoount on my phone... and im also running lithuim mod