Gmail displays embedded images wrong

thalador

Reaction score
Hi folks. I have searched hi and low for this and come up empty. Hopefully I am not the only one. I have ICS, as most of us do, and the Gmail app is set to display all images. I work in IT so I get alot of emails from people who have facebook, linkedin picture links as part of their signature. What I find since the ICS update is that all of those images show up at the TOP of the email, before the body with the option to view or save. They now longer show up in the signature at the bottom. Please tell me others have had this issue and there is a fix?

Thanks!

OP
T

thalador

Reaction score
Oh come now, I cannot be the only one this happens to

acejavelin

Reaction score
Interesting, never noticed this, but once I set them to "Always Show pictures", I get the picture inline where it belongs AND in a little View/Save box at the top. My guess is with this is the "new" behavior of the Gmail app under ICS, couldn't find a way around it.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Since this seems to be resolved(it's a gmail issue), I'm going to ask a very nitpicky question. You're in IT and allow always show pictures? I know it's not a one size fits all thing but I'd personally never "always allow" anything on any device. I'm also in IT(security if you couldn't guess lol)

OP
T

thalador

Reaction score
Since this seems to be resolved(it's a gmail issue), I'm going to ask a very nitpicky question. You're in IT and allow always show pictures? I know it's not a one size fits all thing but I'd personally never "always allow" anything on any device. I'm also in IT(security if you couldn't guess lol)

I get your point. I misworded apparently. I always allow on a per user basis, not a blanket. That would not be good.