Embedded pictures in gmail not showing?

JayCizzo

Reaction score
I have 4 imap accounts including gmail. Using K9 It's flawless. Got your reply over K9 using it, not gmail. Love it.

Nice. The only thing I would miss is the threaded gmail conversations. It really cleans up the inbox.

stevehy

Reaction score
Threading in Gmail is useless to me as it does not auto expand threaded conversations and it’s difficult to see the conversation except for the sender. I believe that K9 will implement threading as it’s on their list of enhancements to be done.

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
K-9 does NOT put images sent from normal users into the body of the email. It puts them at the bottom of the email. Not talking about emails from businesses etc. Believe me, it does not put them in the body when a normal user inserts them into the body on their side. This is only with Gmail though.

Again...before you say yes it does, it doesn't. Send me a pm with your email and I can easily show you.

That being said, what the HTC Incredible stock email does is take those images, puts them in another folder and links the images from the body to the images in that folder.

** On a side note, I really like K-9 and have used it for some time including downloading unreleased versions and trying them out.

stevehy

Reaction score
K-9 does NOT put images sent from normal users into the body of the email. It puts them at the bottom of the email. Not talking about emails from businesses etc. Believe me, it does not put them in the body when a normal user inserts them into the body on their side. This is only with Gmail though.

You are correct. Because I use the combined inbox in the latest build of K9 I may have seen an email from another account, but Gmail images are attachments as you say.

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score

You are correct. Because I use the combined inbox in the latest build of K9 I may have seen an email from another account, but Gmail images are attachments as you say.

Unfortunately I hate being right in this case. I don't like that google has not addressed this well known issue, but at the same time, I think K-9 could do what the HTC Incredible stock did.

stevehy

Reaction score
I am also sorry that you are correct, and I do hope that in one of the coming builds K9 try to address this. As far as your comments about Google; they have much to learn about providing software to the masses that works as expected. In this regard they are lame, and no, I don’t accept the excuse about the newness of Android. These are basic usability items that we are talking about.

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
I am also sorry that you are correct, and I do hope that in one of the coming builds K9 try to address this. As far as your comments about Google; they have much to learn about providing software to the masses that works as expected. In this regard they are lame, and no, I don’t accept the excuse about the newness of Android. These are basic usability items that we are talking about.

As much as I love Android OS, I hate that google does not have a direct help line if you will. Everything seems to go through forums and such and no real answers or any idea that they are working on something. Look at the issues with the N1 and the lack of customer support. To me, if you are going to force gmail accounts on these phones, then they should make sure that the gmail accounts work properly.

beefchopper

Reaction score
Get the K9 mail app from the market (free) and set it up to be your Gmail email app. It will display images and much more.

Not true. I use K9 to read my mail and have the exact same problem on a DroidX running 2.2 (and did when it ran 2.1 as well). Most of the time that I open an email with inline pictures, especially if sent to me from someone using an iphone, I see a box with a question mark in it instead of the photo.

Saleem

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S3
Long press the inline image.It will ask you to view image. Press that and you can see the image