Embedded pictures in gmail not showing?

mjs31

Reaction score
Before everyone says....hit the "show pictures" button...here me out. This is only occuring from other people that have embedded the images in their emails "in outlook it would be insert image". Not talking about the companies that send you emails, or images hosted on another server. With all those I get the "Show pictures" button. Someone just posted this issue in the general discussion so I tried it myself. I inserted (not attached) and image and sent it to myself. Regular jpg, but I just got a box with a small question mark and no option to show picture.

This really bites...

iancaz

Reaction score
Same issue here. Only article I found that was anything like this was for the iPhone & said the sender had to be "trusted". Meaning, you had to select "Always Display images from this user" on a PC before it would work. I did this & still am having these issues.

Zapata

Reaction score
It is now 2 months after the original post. This problem needs attention!!
I cannot view images in my gmail.

Markee

Reaction score
I also have this problem and would like to know what the real solution is... Is there someone we can ask at Google or Motorola or Verizon (I doubt that) that actually might know the cause and solution of this problem... I bet the I phone does not do this...

Markee

Reaction score
This may actually have something to do with Outlook and if the e-mail is sent in html format or Rich Text format... But I don't think so... something to consider.

NYSHOCKER

Reaction score
Fix?

So has anyone figured out why this problem exists? I can view the images fine when I go to GMail through the browser on my Droid.

\\signed\\

Frustrated

Yohimbe35

Reaction score
I've been complaining about this also. I Wish google would listen. You wouldn't think it would be hard to fix. Look what those developers can do. I Wish they would fix it since google wont.

spiderzmobile

Reaction score
I take it there is still no fix out there? It's now May of 2010 and I'm not seeing anything (pictures that is)!

OP
mjs31

mjs31

Reaction score
I take it there is still no fix out there? It's now May of 2010 and I'm not seeing anything (pictures that is)!

No, but ironically, my HTC Incredible stock email app (not gmail) will show the images. It loads them as an html link and put them in the body like they should be.

stevehy

Reaction score
Get the K9 mail app from the market (free) and set it up to be your Gmail email app. It will display images and much more.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
Get the K9 mail app from the market (free) and set it up to be your Gmail email app. It will display images and much more.

Interesting idea. How is email delivery? Can you set it up using IMAP so it works like the stock gmail app?

stevehy

Reaction score
I have 4 imap accounts including gmail. Using K9 It's flawless. Got your reply over K9 using it, not gmail. Love it.

Last edited: