1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

gmail connection issue (semi off topic)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by sownman, Sep 20, 2010.

1. sownman

sownman New Member

Ordered my droid x last week and was told by Verizon I'll want a gmail account as it's important. Not sure why yet but I set up a gmail address. I can connect to gmail at work and from my desktop at home but my laptop at home on wireless router always gives a failure to connect to page message. It has no problems to any other pages. I've followed the suggestions looking into internet options about being sure ssl is enabled. It was. Anybody else run into this issue and know the solution ? Can't seem to even find a place to contact google for help.

Thanks

Steve
  2. Technoman

Technoman New Member

I have a netbook and connect to Google with no issues. What web address are you attempting to connect to?
  3. sownman

sownman New Member

So far I've just clicked on the link presented after searching for google mail. This one I think....

https://mail.google.com

I'm signed on to my account as I see myself (via cookie) on the google home page but when clicking the mail link I get failure to connect message. But only on my laptop, weird
  4. Technoman

Technoman New Member

Try www.gmail.com instead.
  5. sownman

sownman New Member

Same damn result "Internet explorer cannot display the page"

I've cleared my browser cache over and over

Steve
  6. Technoman

Technoman New Member

I don't know... it works for me everytime. I use Google Chrome as my browser, but that should not matter.
  7. sownman

sownman New Member

I think I may have found the issue. The cookie on the laptop may be incomplete or corrupt. I just noticed on the work computer when I succesfully go to gmail there are a few characters added to the link after the final "/mail/" Could be thats why gmail is not accepting my connection attempt and laptop is displaying the failure message. When I go home tonight I'll try manually entering those characters and or deleting my current google cookie. Thanks for taking the time to read and help.

Steve