Gmail and Marketplace suddenly not working

Angelle

Reaction score
Hi. I'm having a strange problem with my Droid 2. Yesterday, without my knowingly changing anything, my gmail app stopped working. I click the icon, and it does not open, it just flashes a message briefly that says the account is not setup to sync automatically - which it is - and then goes back to the home menu. I checked the sync settings and it is set to sync automatically. Rebooted, still the same problem. I tried to uninstall gmail, and only succeeded in removing all of gmail contacts from the phone. The app icon still shows up, and still has the same problem. I tried to reinstall it, and found that when I click the Marketplace icon, that one will not load either - it just blinks and then goes back to the main menu.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any idea how I may fix it?

Thanks.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I had a sync issue a while ago with gmail but it wasn't like your problem. But I'll tell you how I fixed it because it might give you an idea. I turned on the Power Control widget and turned on the Sync button. It's the second from the right. This probably isn't the problem you're having just thought I'd throw it out there.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums