Gmail Account

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by thcri, Jan 20, 2011.

1. thcri

thcri New Member

When I got my Droid X I was forced to set up a Gmail Account. Which is fine it keeps a record of all my Market Purchases etc etc. My problem is I lost my password and can't log into the account from a computer. I can get and send email from my phone I just want to be able to log in from a desktop. Google won't give me my password even after trying to reset it and going through a two week process of proving who I am. Is there a way to get the password off of my phone? I can't find the place in the settings or anything where the password is stored?
  2. tj1772

tj1772 New Member

If you click "can't access account" it will either email, text or call your google voice number to reset.
  3. thcri

thcri New Member

Are you supposed to do that from your phone?? If so I will need better instructions as I don't see how to do that from your phone.

If from a desktop, that is what I have done already and I got a message back stating I had to to go through this lengthy process. Every time I answer their questions it takes another two weeks for them to get back to me. This process has taken over a month now and just this morning I was told the case is closed and will not send out the password or reset it.
  4. tj1772

tj1772 New Member

Yes, from desktop or any computer. You may have other underlying issues if this doesn't work. Normally, they would just email a link for you to reset password. I've done this and never have any issues. Did you set up a secondary email when you set up your gmail.
  5. thcri

thcri New Member

I know that I have reset it before with no issues. I don't know why this time it is not allowing me to do it.
  6. jcroop510

jcroop510 New Member

Same problem thcri. But I actually remember my password. But www.gmail.com does not recognize me when I login. I can still send and receive gmails on my Droid X. But there just does not seem to be any way to access the account on my computers.

I have tried everything possible including stumping verizon tech support reps.

I hate the gmail app on my phone. You cannot copy photos, text.. So I just want to open the browser on my phone and use gmail from there. But not possible.
Search tags for this page
droid gmail accounts
how do i access spam mail on my droid gmail account
how do i sign out of my gmail account on verizon lg phone
how to log into account verizon
how to log out gmail acct on the verizon ellipsis
how to login to my gmail account that i have on my droid

verizon gmail account

verizon gmail account login
verizongmail
why can't i locate my droid using gmail account
why can't i sign into my two gmails on my zte phone