Email Account Setup

prg5005

Reaction score
I am new to the forums so please bear with me.

Here is my problem:
I have 2 email accounts, 1 is gmail and 1 is an exchange. My goal is to only use 1 email program for both accounts. I can't figure out a way to use my exchange account in the gmail program, it automatically uses the messages app. I can't add my gmail to the messages app, it automatically puts gmail accounts only in the gmail app.

I also tried new apps from the market place. I tried K9, but my exchange server does not work with it. I also tried Touchdown but gmail doesn't work with it.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Or any ways to get my corporate account in gmail?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like you, I have a Gmail and Exchange account. K9 does a excellent job of handling my Gmail but I can not get the Exchange account to work with K9.

I understand that the Touchdown app (paid) will support Gmail and Exchange. I choose not to spend the dollars for Touchdown, therefore, I use the corporate app for my Exchange.

Mike

OP
P

prg5005

Reaction score
Like you, I have a Gmail and Exchange account. K9 does a excellent job of handling my Gmail but I can not get the Exchange account to work with K9.

I understand that the Touchdown app (paid) will support Gmail and Exchange. I choose not to spend the dollars for Touchdown, therefore, I use the corporate app for my Exchange.

Mike
@ mike- lets go state.

Touchdown will only work with exchange accounts.

I don't mind paying, I just am anal and would like 1 app for email, not 2. I think I am this way bc I had an iphone and their email app was perfect.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had an iPhone and it handled all of my email. It took some time getting use to using two different apps but now I don't even think about it. Since my Exchange is my PSU account it is helpful keeping that email separate from my personal Gmail.

It should be an interesting season for the Lions.

Mike

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either that or have the exchange forward to gmail...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I considered that but in view of the content in some of the business mail decided not to.

dangerous

Reaction score

Mike

I figured i would try the exchange thing just for fun to see if i could get it to work. NADA..

dangerous

Reaction score

Mike

did this and got K9 Working
Following settings work for me:
Username: MyLoginName
Password: MyPassword
WebDAV (Exchange) server: webmail.MyOrganization.es
Security type: SSL (Always)
Autentification type port: 443
WebDAV (Exchange) path:
Authentication path:
Mailbox path: /Exchange/MyName.MyLastName/

Pulled the above from this link:
Issue 728 - k9mail - I can't get this to work with my exchange server please help. - Project Hosting on Google Code

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will give it a try and let you know.

Mike

dangerous

Reaction score
I got K-9 to Download Emails. Send Emails and actually put the email in my sent folder on my exchange.
but. i would not delete them on the server when i deleted them on my device. So i un installed it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, my phone is charging hope to try later this evening.

OP
P

prg5005

Reaction score
I still cannot get k9 to work with my exchange.

My system administrator told me you cannot forward an exchange account to gmail.