Global to X

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
So far I am liking the DROIDX over the DROID global. Really odd to me that the X responses faster. Maybe it is because the X is running Gingerbread. I have no clue. Going to SBF Froyo back for better comparison.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Some purchased apps had to be manually downloaded. Some apps are no longer in market - example; Quickclock Advanced. So far so good. Mind not made up but X is not that bad.

crumbete

Reaction score
Quickclock Advanced is most definitely still in the market. I just checked 30 seconds ago.

rusty815

Reaction score
Gingerbread does that, it can even make an og droid fly. That's why I can't wait for it on the d2g

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Ah this explains why several apps are gone from market. I even tried to restore Quickclock Advance with Titanium Backup... No luck. Fisson Rom Manager also same situation.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Update Global to X

QuickClock is still not in market, however, it does seem to work, after some tweaking when I restore it from Titanium Backup. Fission Rom manager is also back now. I was able to get them back with Titanium Backup.

This is very nice. At the touch of a button I can install Liberty 2.0, or Fission 2.61, or Tranquility 3.70. I used Team Black Hats app to update to 595 leak of Gingerbread. It is so nice to have options. The phone flies compared to my Global. Faster than my Global, even with no overclocking done.

Instead of bringing the X down to Froyo to compare speed to the Global, I will wait for the Gingerbread release on the Global. (My wife does not like me spending all this time on the phones and I would just have to go back to Gingerbread on the X anyways).

Looks like I will sell the Global at this point, or keep it as a back-up.

patfactorx

Reaction score
Global IMO is faster and I love keyboards

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Looks like I am going to sell the Global. Like the X better.

Sent from my rooted 595 DROIDX using DroidForums