Global to X

draexo

Reaction score
Contemplating selling my Global and getting an X. Any reason not to? I do not need global ability and I've gotten used to swipe so I do not need keyboard anymore. Screen on X is larger, which is a plus. Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The X is slower (1 ghz compared to 1.2 ghz stock) and older..... just something to think about. Theres also more hardware bugs that ive heard of with the DX.

Thisguy89

Reaction score
You'll have better dev support with the X. Bigger screen, but it's the same 854x480 resolution, so it's not quite as crisp.

It's really just personal preference.

Sent from my ZombieStomped Droid 2

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
I've been messing with my wife's X. Its got the leaked Gingerbread and I'd say its a bit more robust than my Global. As far as screen size and sharpness.... I like the larger screen.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Leaning toward doing SBF on my global, turning it in to Verizon for credit (76$) and taking my wife's X and letting her "upgrade" to Iphone.

zero7404

Reaction score
i did this swap a few weeks ago. although the processor is .2 GHz slower, you won't notice. also the screen clarity and sharpness was a concern since it's the same pixels spread onto a larger screen, but i don't notice any graininess. display render appears more detailed and colors are still vibrant. screen can be really bright. it took some time getting used to the 4 click keys at the bottom since i was used to just touching them on the d2g, it's the only annoying feel i've experienced so far, because the keys are not soft touch or integrated into the screen, so more effort goes into pressing a key when you're using the device with one hand.

with the latest gingerbread version 591, i enjoy using the dx more than i did the d2g. camera resolution is better, and with the extended battery i can get a full 1.5 days out of it when i can't get to a charger.

overall, it's a nice phone, i wouldn't go back.

Last edited:

rusty815

Reaction score
The advantage of gingerbread for the dx is only temporary because we know the d2g well get it eventually as well, so if that's one of your reasons for changing, then its not a very good one

zero7404

Reaction score
The advantage of gingerbread for the dx is only temporary because we know the d2g well get it eventually as well, so if that's one of your reasons for changing, then its not a very good one

thanks for pointing this out ... now, i realize that it's not a good idea to buy a new device every time there is an android update for it .... :icon_eek:

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Well,
My wife bought the iPhone. So I am trying her X for a week. I kept the Global as well. I will need to make a decision after a while, then sell one of 'em.

PowrDroid

Reaction score
Well,
My wife bought the iPhone. So I am trying her X for a week. I kept the Global as well. I will need to make a decision after a while, then sell one of 'em.

Please keep us posted on your experience. I'm considering picking up an X and selling my Global.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Well,

Please keep us posted on your experience. I'm considering picking up an X and selling my Global.

Trying to install Libery 2.0. I need to go back to SBF first.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Well,

Trying to install Libery 2.0. I need to go back to SBF first.

Can't find the SBF... all the links are dead and TBH keeps freezing up.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
pm'd you a link to it.
Thanks, got it.
I am having problems getting my apps. When I cleared data and activated phone, about half my apps downloaded. The other half are simply gone.
In the past, all my apps redownloaded. Not sure what that is about.

Everything is still on my Global so I am using Titanium to try and move it across, though I wish I did not half to do that.... wish it would just download.

I need to go read the instructions for Titanium Backup. It will not restore my apps.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
All my apps are back, thanks to Titanium.

Now to test the phone out and figure what to do.

I am running the Gingerbread leak, but I have the SBF to go back. Do I run Liberty 2.0?