glass issue

janice45

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s6
I was about to send it to Samsung for a wifi and heat issue
After charging my Samsung galaxy 6 my screen had a crack from the earphone jack to across the screen
Now before you ask did you drop it NO
.So I was doing a factory reset it got really hot .
I sent it to Samsung anyway calling a head to tell them what happened..
They took one look and declined any repair .they wouldn't even consider this could happen .The phone was is pristine and in an otter box case
I think its a safety issue
Anyone have this happen

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Yeah, may have been heat stress as @leeshor mentioned.

As for the crack, every manufacturer is going to decline that repair. There's no real way for them to prove you dropped it or not. Apple does the same thing except they have a different coverage to help offset the cost of an out of warranty repair, where I'm sure Samsung (to my knowledge) does not. There's two things you you can do: 1) Giving them another call and let them know what happened and plead your case. See if there's someone who can provide you an exception. 2) Get it repaired Third-party. If they aren't going to repair it anyways and somehow the warranty is void. What do ya got to lose?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Did you buy it direct from Samsung or through your carrier and if purchased at a carrier which one?

OP
janice45

janice45

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s6
I called samsung got one person who says maybe she could help well she doesn't exist anymore
A supervisor was if no help. Third party here I come thanks people for the reply a

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Verizon and there is no help there
Dear Janice, mind if I help? I am an expert at getting Verizon to assist in resolving issues. PM me and we can talk more.