Incredible II quality replacement glass?

jcoggs

Reaction score
Can anybody point me to a good replacement glass for the Incredible II. I cracked mine and when I had it repaired the replacement screen only had adhesive at the top and bottom of the glass. This allows dust to very quickly get behind the glass from along the sides. The glass actually lifts up about a mm along the sides. You can see it depress when you press on the touchscren. The place that replaced it said that that is all that is offered which I highly doubt. I tried installing a silicone bumper but it doesn't overlap the glass to seal out dust. Thoughts?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can anybody point me to a good replacement glass for the Incredible II. I cracked mine and when I had it repaired the replacement screen only had adhesive at the top and bottom of the glass. This allows dust to very quickly get behind the glass from along the sides. The glass actually lifts up about a mm along the sides. You can see it depress when you press on the touchscren. The place that replaced it said that that is all that is offered which I highly doubt. I tried installing a silicone bumper but it doesn't overlap the glass to seal out dust. Thoughts?

You need to tell them they need to replace the screen again or buy you another phone. I repair many devices...The inc 2 should NOT have any noticeable difference from factory if done correctly. Most times these repairs need more parts for the teardown and rebuild to allow factory look..It seems they didn't take the digitizer out or used some kind of half butt repair, you can look on youtube and watch a complete teardown and see the after repair visual and tell the phone is returned to a beautiful shiny phone if done correctly. I'm sorry this happened to you...I'm wondering too how much they charged...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
J

jcoggs

Reaction score
They only charged $80. $50 for part and remainder labor. I saw the replacement glass before they put it in. It only had peel off sticky tape at the top and bottom. Nothing on the sides. I imagine it was some knock off replacement - but this shop said that was all that was available - which I'm doubting. I'm looking for something that seals the entire perimeter. I bought the phone at an authorized verizon walk in store but did not take out insurance (no lecture please). They said they don't even replace broken glass and recommended the local independent repair shop I went to.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
They only charged $80. $50 for part and remainder labor. I saw the replacement glass before they put it in. It only had peel off sticky tape at the top and bottom. Nothing on the sides. I imagine it was some knock off replacement - but this shop said that was all that was available - which I'm doubting. I'm looking for something that seals the entire perimeter. I bought the phone at an authorized verizon walk in store but did not take out insurance (no lecture please). They said they don't even replace broken glass and recommended the local independent repair shop I went to.

Well, I hope I don't upset you and I'm only trying to help, I feel your disapointment, I would go to them and see if they can't just fix it right, but then again, look what they did already....Wish you were close to Warner Robins GA and I would fix it for the price of the part which is only normally about 16.87 for one..and the backplate is 8.99...but, I don't know where they are getting their parts...Anyway, if I were you, I wouldn't recommend just adding any old kind of rubberbonding or sealant unless you find an oem or like solution..Truthfully, its not hard to do on your own.google the info, and youtube as I said earlier will have a vid or how to. Take your time and be patient and you'll be fine and have it fixed in an hour at most...I hope I've helped some. I try not to judge other companies. I'm just a small side business but I'm honest and word of mouth is best. Also, if your able to, you know you may find an ad in the paper for a bricked device for parts too..anyway, let me know how your doing and if I can, I will walk you through....peace! The drummer:)
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

phillip818

Reaction score
broken Droid Razr in Macon

I saw that you can replace the glass on the Razr for about $30. I live in macon and need mine replaced. Can you help me? If so, give me a call at 478-338-2099 and let me know when you can do it. I really hate to pay asurion the $100 deductable if you can do it for less. I have only had this phone for a couple weeks and its broke already. Kinda makes me sick.

Of if you prefer, you can email me at [email protected].
Thanks,
Phillip

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I saw that you can replace the glass on the Razr for about $30. I live in macon and need mine replaced. Can you help me? If so, give me a call at 478-338-2099 and let me know when you can do it. I really hate to pay asurion the $100 deductable if you can do it for less. I have only had this phone for a couple weeks and its broke already. Kinda makes me sick.

Of if you prefer, you can email me at [email protected].
Thanks,
Phillip

You found me lol...what did you do to your phone? Drop or? Is it cracked? Pm me brother...so we don't soak the thread.

toyotaking88

Reaction score
Hey drummer I tried to pm you and your indoctrination is fullit said.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums