Glad I didn't wait for the new iPhone

sfcascooter

Reaction score
Now I am glad that I didn't hold off on replacing my dying blackberry with the Bionic on launch day. Unless I missed something, the iPhone 4S on Verizon will still not be able to do simultaneous voice and data. I live in an LTE area and have grandfathered VZW unlimited data and an unlimited tethering plan. My Bionic will serve me well until the LTE iPhone (which may not even come out until my 20 month wait for another upgrade is available (or I can use my son's upgrade which is available now or my wife, daughter or mother in law's which are available in May 2012).

Long live LTE (and let's hope the Nov. update fixes the camera performance from horrible (low light) to passable).

mach330

Reaction score
not even a iphone 5. what a joke.

i really wanna know now. will the people flock for the 4s?

gmorgan056

Reaction score
A very good question, the only significant upgrade is dual core and a better camera and voice option. But that's not much of a difference then the other one. I wasn't really impressed by anything.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
dual core cpu and gpu is pretty awesome, new camera should be good, new iOS5 features make it a bit better and up to par with some Android features. It will be a hot seller for sure, it will definitely be the top selling phone for the next year, and there will not be a close 2nd. I don't think it will take away too much overall marketshare from Android but it will sell like hot cakes (whatever that means)

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score

Of course they will. Apple has a following just like Android has a following. People typically want the latest and greatest.

Now I don't anticipate too many Android owners flocking to this device but you better believe the Apple crowd will. jmo

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course they will. Apple has a following just like Android has a following. People typically want the latest and greatest.

Now I don't anticipate too many Android owners flocking to this device but you better believe the Apple crowd will. jmo

exactly, the android enthusiasts obviously won't be buying this phone but the current iPhone users and those undecided on what to get will be attracted to it.

nikecar

Reaction score

of course they will..

FASTER iPHONE!!??!?!?!?!? OMG I NEED ONE!!!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah because clearly Android fans are much different when it comes to their phones.

Exactly. People like to pretend there's a huge difference between iOS and Android users. What was really the difference between the Dx and the Dx2? About ad different as this iPhone is from the previous. Yet how many Android owners scrambled for the latest X?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exactly. People like to pretend there's a huge difference between iOS and Android users. What was really the difference between the Dx and the Dx2? About ad different as this iPhone is from the previous. Yet how many Android owners scrambled for the latest X?

Maybe a dozen?

The X2 had awful sales.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
To me it looked like an Iphone 5 prototype. I'm glad I got the Bionic, and only look forward to the updates and better things to come!

cbrmike

Reaction score
Im glad I got my android dual core 4g Bionic over the Iphone 4s, I had a Iphone 3gs and passed on the 4 when it came out .I wanted to wait for the 5 and if I had not switched to an android phone.........I would have today. No 4g= fail imo.

Last edited:

cbrmike

Reaction score
"Apple,God please don't punish my stock options"

iphone5apple2011liveblogkeynote1604.jpg