Waiting to release until after the 28th?

map11586

Reaction score
I know the rumor is currently that it will be available for sale on the 21st but does anyone think Verizon may hold that off until after the 28th? I have unlimited data and have a Dinc 2 but wanted to upgrade to a 4G phone and keep unlimited. I have a feeling Verizon is not gonna have any new 4G phones for sale until after the 28th to deter customers from keeping their unlimited data plans.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Uh, they released the Galaxy S III before the change. The was kinda nice. They may still offer the DINC 4g before the change too. They would get a huge rush of upgrades and make money!

OP
M

map11586

Reaction score
I agree they would.. I'm just impatient and don't understand why they would announce it last month and not provide any updates as to the potential release date.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Well the 21st came and went. Looks like the Galaxy SIII is the only option!

Reaction score
I talked to a few Verizon reps yesterday on the phone and was told 2 different things:

1. "the phone will be out on July 5th"
2. "the phone will be out within the next 2 months" when asked if that was accurate I was told "this is what I'm required to say to your question"
3. "I have no idea what you're talking about"... typical.

For those that want to keep unlimited data and get a new phone on the 2year contract price that doesn't look possible. I talked to another Verizon rep today on Verizon's website and I was told that I could keep my unlimited data by paying full-retail for the phone when it's available in stores or available for pre-order (guy on phone yesterday said it should be available to pre-order soon). I'm not due for an upgrade until November so I guess full-retail will get me both a new phone and access to my unlimited data that I like so much.

For those that don't want to part ways with unlimited data but want a new phone I read online that you can get a pre-order the Samsung Galaxy III and then sell it and use the money you get for the phone to pay for the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE. I think to do that you just remove your phone number from it and sell it as "slightly used" and describe that you only activated it for a short time (to maintain the unlimited data) and then deactivated it. I think that can be done in your local Verizon store.

vet2be

Reaction score
It seems that the most common answer is July 5th, after the 6/28 deadline for forcing people into the shared data plans if they don't pay full price for the phone. It is really ticking me off how much Verizon is screwing with customers and how greedy they have gotten. Of course, the sales reps in the stores are well-trained in the rhetoric to make it sound like the shared data plans are the best things ever. I was going to buy a Rezound until I found out that the $80 price was only good online. Be assured that Verizon did that to get people into giving up their unlimited data plans. If you want to keep your current plan, you have to pay $200 for the phone.

OP
M

map11586

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I stopped in to verizon today to check out RAZR maxx and rezound but wasn't impressed with either. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until the 5th to check out the incredible 4G and just go to a shared data plan. It sucks but all the carriers are gonna switch to these once they see it works for Verizon

vet2be

Reaction score
I found out today that I could still keep my unlimited data even if I bought the Rezound online. So even though it is not what I wanted, I wasn't going to wait for the DInc 4G and lose my unlimited data, so I upgraded today.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Get a phone on the 27th keep your unlimited data. Then take the phone back on the 5th tell them that you do not want it and get the incredible. the only thing that you will have to do is pay a 30$ restocking fee

teasypee

Reaction score
it may or may not work

Get a phone on the 27th keep your unlimited data. Then take the phone back on the 5th tell them that you do not want it and get the incredible. the only thing that you will have to do is pay a 30$ restocking fee

The Verizon bubbas that I talked to in the store told me that any exchange will change the start date on the contract and that I would lose my unlimited. I was planning on doing that strategy with the GIII.

I am going to call Verizon on the 27th and see if I can pre-order the DInc3. If not I will get the Rezound. My thoughts are that for $80, if the Rezound can keep me happy for 6-12 months, the DInc 3 will probably drop in price by more than my 80 bucks.

Let's hope that Verizon will add this new phone to the online list. I noticed this morning that the original Inc was free now. I think they wanted $50 yesterday.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
teasypee said:
The Verizon bubbas that I talked to in the store told me that any exchange will change the start date on the contract and that I would lose my unlimited. I was planning on doing that strategy with the GIII.

I am going to call Verizon on the 27th and see if I can pre-order the DInc3. If not I will get the Rezound. My thoughts are that for $80, if the Rezound can keep me happy for 6-12 months, the DInc 3 will probably drop in price by more than my 80 bucks.

Let's hope that Verizon will add this new phone to the online list. I noticed this morning that the original Inc was free now. I think they wanted $50 yesterday.

If you sign a new contract before the 28 they can not take away your unlimited data. The phone has nothing to do with your contract. once you sign the contact it is a done deal.

teasypee

Reaction score
Imagine that

If you sign a new contract before the 28 they can not take away your unlimited data. The phone has nothing to do with your contract. once you sign the contact it is a done deal.

Your right! The in store bubbas are wrong. I just called VZW and the rep said that I can order the Rezound on the 27th, and trade it in within 14 days for the INC 3 ($30 restock fee) and keep my unlimited.

So it begs the question, should I get Best Buy to price match, and then get 30 days to exchange? Do you think I am pressing my luck to align this deal if I go through BB?

OP
M

map11586

Reaction score
teasypee said:
Your right! The in store bubbas are wrong. I just called VZW and the rep said that I can order the Rezound on the 27th, and trade it in within 14 days for the INC 3 ($30 restock fee) and keep my unlimited.

So it begs the question, should I get Best Buy to price match, and then get 30 days to exchange? Do you think I am pressing my luck to align this deal if I go through BB?

Seems like it would work. The only issue you run into is if the DInc3 isnt released within that time. It seems like the July 5th date is gaining more and more traction but I dont trust any dates until I can actually order the phone on Verizon's website. If you're willing to get stuck with the Rezound if the dates don't pan out then this seems like a good plan.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
teasypee said:

It would be safer to go with BB just because of the 30 days. Let's just hope that the phone comes sooner than later.