Gingerbreak on stock 595 leak

ekf028

Reaction score
Quick question, can't find the answer anywhere. Does gingerbreak work with the stock 595 gingerbread leak?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

9wire

Reaction score
I read it doesn't. I used the deodexed over. 591 without wiping and kept root.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

k1ng617

Reaction score
I guess I might just wait till official is rooted, cuz I'm on liberty 2.0 and I really miss my HDMI out.

zero7404

Reaction score
can someone verify gingerbreak doesn't work on stock 595 ?

zero7404

Reaction score
that's not really as verification for the stock 595 build. i think the article you linked may be older than the upgrade path thread over @ mydroidworld. it's strange, they offer rooted odexed and deodexed 595, but confused why stock 595 cannot be rooted with gingerbreak.

i finally got a clean download of stock 595 and stored it on my sd card. if i knew gingerbreak would work with it, then i'd install it, root it, then simply unroot it to receive the OTA when it's being pushed. but flashing a new rom is always some work, even with titanium backup and mybackup pro, i still have to go in and configure all my settings manually after a new flash. already did this about 3 times so far with 573, 588 3-part and 591.

so maybe i'll sit on this file until OTA is pushed and confirmation of root on it. i guess even if 595 stock can be rooted with gingerbreak, doesn't do anything for anybody if 596 has been patched and cannot be rooted (yet) ....

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hear you and I don't know about whether this regards to 595. I don't even know what version I am running. I have the odexed rooted GB leak from TBH....i didn't do no 3 part or nothing like that.

These are all reasons I am leaning towards SBF'ing when OTA is released.

leonozug

Reaction score
I hear you and I don't know about whether this regards to 595. I don't even know what version I am running. I have the odexed rooted GB leak from TBH....i didn't do no 3 part or nothing like that.

These are all reasons I am leaning towards SBF'ing when OTA is released.

I feel the same man, I'm probably going to SBF back to a totally clean .340 and take the upgrade directly from Verizon when I hear it's hitting. All these builds, .588, .591 and .595 are really not different from one another. I figure a nice clean install will be best and keep things fresh. It should only take a few days to get the stock OTA rooted knowing how the Gingerbreak guys work.

zero7404

Reaction score
so back to square 1, waiting for the OTA to hit & get rooted.

isn't that bad for me, i'm already running 591 instead of being on 340, it's pretty stable and decent way to test drive new features before the update is officially pushed .... so i can't really complain much about that ....