Bootloop on .595 odexed, HELP!

ahaynes42

Reaction score
So here's my situation. Was on .588 rooted with Gingerbreak 1.2. Was working fine. Decided to go to .595 in order to get Netflix streaming to work. (Since it wouldn't work in .588) Installed .595 odexed file (without knowing all the problems associated with the odexed file). Still had root, but couldn't install busybox, or use any root apps such as Titanium. Tried to go into clockwork recovery with Droid 2 bootstrapper, now I'm stuck in a bootloop with the red eye. Tried factory data reset, cache reset, all that - nothing. Tried to just go back to the stock .588 update file - I get failures about the build.prop "E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7) Installation Aborted." All of the things I've been reading about SBF require you to connect PC Mode USB - well I can't do that if I can't even boot up. I'm freaking out here, need my phone. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated!

ColinZack

Reaction score
If you can get to the bootloader you can SBF. That sounds like your only option at this point. Find the full sbf file and read up on how to do it. While you're doing all this it is a good idea to remove the battery to save some power before you SBF

CD95YJ

Reaction score
First off... breath.

Do a battery pull and let your phone sit for about 30 seconds, then put the battery back in and power up following my directions below

DIRECTIONS:
You can access the bootloader by powering on holding both volume buttons and the power button. Hold all 3 for 5-10 seconds and when you release all three it should show the bootloader. From here you can use your usb cable to connect your phone to your computer and run the 2.3.340 (froyo) sbf. You may still need to do a data wipe after restoring 2.3.340 but let it boot all the way up to see if you do.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
A

ahaynes42

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for your help guys. I read somewhere else that you needed to connect the USB to PC Mode to SBF. Thank god I can still get to the bootloader. I'll read up on the process, and give it a shot. Thanks again.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Yeah you need to be in PC mode if you don't manually boot into the bootloader, but obviously you cannot boot up normally. You'll be just fine and you'll have your phone back up & running in no time.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums