Gingerbread??

leobg

Reaction score
... I can't imagine anyone not liking the new update!

maxwellag

Reaction score
Ugh im waiting for gingerbread to come... I hope I get it soon! :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
... I can't imagine anyone not liking the new update!

Well, I liked it for a week when I got the leak, but that ruined it for me lol a few months back...now its the same thing with fixes...Its ok, still blur...I love the new kernel..makes a nice new addition to my cm7!:) its a better update than I expected though..if you have never seen it, you'll love it..I just don't care for the blue...or the blur...lol, but like I said..To be fair...I'm sure you'll like it..its cool when you first see it and its changes and additions....

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
D3 One-Click Root script works with both 4.5.606 leak and with 4.5.607 soak test release.

Yes indeed it does! I have used it for many devices @ work...(for a couple of weeks)

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Well, I liked it for a week when I got the leak, but that ruined it for me lol a few months back...now its the same thing with fixes...Its ok, still blur...I love the new kernel..makes a nice new addition to my cm7!:) its a better update than I expected though..if you have never seen it, you'll love it..I just don't care for the blue...or the blur...lol, but like I said..To be fair...I'm sure you'll like it..its cool when you first see it and its changes and additions....

Now see, I can actually stand blur for its appearance. It fits in quite well with today's smartphone crowd, fast paced and connected. What I don't like is the bloatware that came with it, so blur themes>blur. :laugh:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its an upgrade, but the colors are not for me, I'm more of smoked glass...lol

r4yb4d

Reaction score
I finally have the update downloading to my D2G. My device is up to date, was the only response from the servers for the last few days until a read about someone asking if the *228 would help. Although another reply discounted the idea, I decided to try since I haven't updated my roaming in awhile. PRESTO, the first attempt to check for an update worked right after completing the *228. I can not be 100% certain that it was the reason, but it may be worth a shot for anyone still waiting. By the way, this is my first post and I believe I will be here for awhile. The atmosphere is both productive and respectful from what I have read so far. Hello droidforum community !

r4yb4d

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the confirmation! I will go to the other post and thank the one who was asking about it...:)

Feudalplague

Reaction score
global update it live. checked with a few buddies that also have global and we are all updating. 5 confirmed updates in progress and im close to installation ill let you all know how it goes for those who havnt done it yet. from what ive heard from original droid 2 guys is that its great and has alot less bugs than the X update had

davy050995

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP ITS HAPPENING! lol...quick question...i loaded the leaked gingerbread, earlier today actually, and was feelin a little uneasy about it so i decided to sbf...i never rooted btw....so it completely factory reseted(?lol) my d2g....my question is: will i be able to successfully update to gingerbread? ive heard people say that they couldnt because they had used the leaked version

evor1

Reaction score
i just finished installing. the screen rotation is so much faster now. was so annoying how slow it was before

sinner618

Reaction score
I also tried the *228 idea... before I tried it, my update check said "up to date" but immeadieatly after I tried *228, I went back to update check and the GB update was ready... downloading now... not saying it will work 100% guaranteed for everybody, but if anybody still getting the "up to date" message might want to give it a try, might work :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Setarcos

Reaction score
I also tried the *228 idea... before I tried it, my update check said "up to date" but immeadieatly after I tried *228, I went back to update check and the GB update was ready... downloading now... not saying it will work 100% guaranteed for everybody, but if anybody still getting the "up to date" message might want to give it a try, might work :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Confirmed. *228 option 2 worked for me as well.