Gingerbread??

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Well, that mess might just be some bad luck, since the leaked gb is really the first bit of software I've actually had problems with. Ill do a reflash later and see if that fixes anything. Ironically, I had less trouble on froyo.

Nasa

Reaction score
Took the route of unrooted update.zip and it worked great. Used One Click Root. Rebooted 3 times in the process and now it's rooted also. That was too easy and it's all too sweet.

Sent on my PC cause I'm letting my battery charge so I can calibrate it to the extended battery I run.

iguanad

Reaction score
No we didn't get it officially ota! That's the leaked version... soak test it tomorrow. Can't wait!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Has the test actually started?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

captain howdy

Reaction score
Took the route of unrooted update.zip and it worked great. Used One Click Root. Rebooted 3 times in the process and now it's rooted also. That was too easy and it's all too sweet.

Sent on my PC cause I'm letting my battery charge so I can calibrate it to the extended battery I run.

Would you mind giving a link to this One Click Root. I can't seem to find it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Just root using the adb method for D3. Works well enough if you know what you're doing.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Would you mind giving a link to this One Click Root. I can't seem to find it.

Z4root doesn't work? I thought it did on the global? I love it..used it one year ago and maybe once more..but I was told it worked on the global..if it does..just get the 4shared app off the market and dl the file z4root..the latest version..reboot first then open the app and press permanent root and bam rooted..unroot? Press unroot, reroot? Press reroot..the first time may take a couple minutes..if it stalls reboot and do it again..it should reboot for you when it works...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Z4root doesn't work? I thought it did on the global? I love it..used it one year ago and maybe once more..but I was told it worked on the global..if it does..just get the 4shared app off the market and dl the file z4root..the latest version..reboot first then open the app and press permanent root and bam rooted..unroot? Press unroot, reroot? Press reroot..the first time may take a couple minutes..if it stalls reboot and do it again..it should reboot for you when it works...

It works on froyo, not GB...

maxwellag

Reaction score
Most people on here already know this, but the soak test is tonight. ;( I wish they picked me for it though...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
It works on froyo, not GB...

Yes hence the Tbh rooted gb leak.lol I thought they were stock...:) and wanting to root before the leak,(and your leak isn't rooted I guess..) good luck!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes hence the Tbh rooted gb leak.lol I thought they were stock...:) and wanting to root before the leak,(and your leak isn't rooted I guess..) good luck!

Of course the root one click on the ota does work as well on gingerbread...but as I said above it wont on leak...our leak was pre rooted..that's why I sort of assumed they were speaking of froyo...lol happy day for all!!

captain howdy

Reaction score
sorry if this has been answered already, but there are tons of post about gingerbread. Is there a way to sbf or something back to froyo if we decided we don't like gingerbread ota ( did not get the soak)