Gingerbread without SBF

nate.fehr

Reaction score
Can't seem to find this anyplace, so I figured I'd ask.

Is it possible to go from the older Gingerbread (rooted) leak to the OTA leak without having to SBF? I've had to wipe data so much lately I'd really rather not do that again and have to set everything up again.

I think I know the disappointing answer to this, but I'd like confirmation.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yes, You already know that answer.....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to find this anyplace, so I figured I'd ask.

Is it possible to go from the older Gingerbread (rooted) leak to the OTA leak without having to SBF? I've had to wipe data so much lately I'd really rather not do that again and have to set everything up again.

I think I know the disappointing answer to this, but I'd like confirmation.

That's my main issue with rooting. It never stops. You have to wipe, sometimes you lose data. I don't care how you back it up, it doesn't always work.

Bricking my phone also helped me put the breaks on doing it. I admit I'd like my phone to run a bit faster but it's just not worth all the hassle. You lose your bookmarks. It never ends.

OP
N

nate.fehr

Reaction score
That's a shame...figures.

I didn't mind at first, but now the constant data wiping to stay up with the latest roms and so forth has become tedious. I've already given up on Liberty in favor of GB, and I was hoping to be finished with the older leak. Even if I go to stock to wait for the official OTA, there's little point setting everything up just so, because it'll just have to be redone when it updates.

Ugh.

fox_dye

Reaction score
It's a vicious cycle. But someone has to do it. Otherwise we wouldn't need droidforums and I would be sad.

Sent from a galaxy far far away........

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
That's my main issue with rooting. It never stops. You have to wipe, sometimes you lose data. I don't care how you back it up, it doesn't always work.

It's why I stopped back on the D1

OP
N

nate.fehr

Reaction score
I'm going to wait till the reat ota hits then do one final SBF. If I do it now to get the leak, I know I'll just do it again when it actually happens, and I'm tired of being in the waiting room.