Gingerbread Update Question

ravinaziankid

Reaction score
Got my update last night, didn't fix the audio issues :(

SON OF A ***** GOD ****** MOTHA****** *&%@ %$#%

that's not what I wanted to hear. Im gonna try a new sd card . Anyone got any other recommend on how I can stop the music from skipping when I use browser or basicly do anything while listening to music. Aggravated

When I was rooted with gingerbreak with froyo, I had no skipping issues.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Im on the east coast but I still haven't gotten it yet so I don't know if it matters where your located.
Im thinking it may have to do with when u got the phone. First come first serve type thing

bighomey103

Reaction score
I'm from Los Angeles and I received my update around 4:00 am this morning? I don't recall signing up for a soak test. Maybe the soak test is just random people?

ashclepdia

Reaction score
I'm from Los Angeles and I received my update around 4:00 am this morning? I don't recall signing up for a soak test. Maybe the soak test is just random people?

Don't think its random..they r just pushing it out I think...so when did u buy the x2

music life

Reaction score
i pre-ordered my device and got it the first day possible. I'm on the east coast and no GB yet.

so dont think its based on when you got your device. its prolly completely random.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
i pre-ordered my device and got it the first day possible. I'm on the east coast and no GB yet.

so dont think its based on when you got your device. its prolly completely random.

Agreed.

I ordered online the day it was available and received it and activated it as soon as it came and I'm still waiting for Gingerbread...though I did get the new Market today.

Soapster

Reaction score
I'm going to SBF my phone and see if I get the update.

**Success!**

***Well, I downloaded the zip and installed it successfully.***

Last edited:

garywojdan81

Reaction score
I did the stock update on Friday & have no audio issues now whatsoever. Also, the camera/camcorder work much better as well.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Even though it's pretty much already over with, I thought I'd just chime in here because I see several people asking.

The elusive soak test:

About 2000 phones got the soak test this weekend, signing up at the motorola forums only guaranteed that you'd be part if it, the other 1800 or so updates just went to random phones. So that's how you got the update without signing up for it.

The soak is now over, motorola is going to review some data and probably by wednesday or sooner the official roll out will begin and everyone else will be pushed the update over a few days.

Cheers

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums