Slicky13

Reaction score
Question when is the freaken x2 getting a new update

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

azdrifter

Reaction score
Question when is the freaken x2 getting a new update

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
What version is it in right now 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 ?
My X2 is running Gingerbread 2.3.4
There is a leak for updating to 2.3.5 but there are really no major fixes so really it's not worth it until they figure out a battery fix for the X2 i would just wait until an official OTA update.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Probably won't be for awhile. Motorola is to busy with their precious bionic and razr ICS upgrades to even bother with a phone they released 9 months ago.

Personally I hope they stand by their "end of the year unlock" statement and just open the boot loader. Then we can upgrade it ourselves.

Sent from my Android device.

motcher41

Reaction score
Probably never since ICS is out and there are more popular phones out. Reality I think is that the X2 will fall into the unsupported category at Moto really quick if it isnt already

motcher41

Reaction score
Better start hoping Verizon allows them to unlock it. Moto would....they dont care anymore its up to the carrier and Verizon says no.

azdrifter

Reaction score
If this is the case maybe I should use my 90 day return and get a Nexus or Razor ?

motcher41

Reaction score
Deving on the razor might prove interesting since it doesnt have a removable battery and I am not sure but I bet the bootloader is locked on it as well. The nexus if you like dev stuff would be the way to go. I hear its unlocked