Gingerbread on the D2

FunkyMcC

Reaction score
I definitly agree with that, I don't like that all have to suffer because a few are abusing root.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

silverfang77

Reaction score
Because it's easier to punish everyone than to single out the guilty.

FunkyMcC

Reaction score
Definitely, I really don't like that they do that but you have to admit that from their perspective it is the easiest and most cost effective option.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Hopefully, it doesn't come to that. If it does, I will pay the ETF and switch back to VMUSA, as they have two Androids now.

Inverse

Reaction score
I don't think that it should be their business as long as we don't do anything illegal on our phones but when we tether it's stealing from them (no matter how convenient it might be) and as a company they have a duty to stop theft from their company. I agree that it sucks, but it's also a very good move from their point of view.

I don't consider using Data we're already paying for, on a larger monitor~ as stealing. How we use that data is none of their concern. I paid for it. Why should I pay extra for a keyboard/monitor? That's basically what tethering is. If they're concerned about people pulling too much data, then go ahead and cap it. That's THEIR choice~ but don't charge me MORE for data I'm ALREADY paying for. You can't add words like stealing here to the moral ethic, you're being charged more money for using the SAME data being put through your phone (which it already does~) and connecting it to another device. You're not even telling your phone to do anything more than what it normally does.

People can cite the agreements and other things they tack onto their service to steal from the customer~ but it doesn't change charging for tethering to be a logically abhorrent practice.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Does tethering use more data than just using the Net on the phone itself?

Inverse

Reaction score
No, it doesn't. It obviously depends on your usage. If you torrent a bunch of movies over your phone, then yeah~ I'd say so. Though this is debatable, seeing as how people are streaming HD Netflix movies on their iPhone's right now.

pouxonu

Reaction score
gallery questions

Just curious has anyone got the 3d gallery on this yet not a fan of the 2d? if anyone has it or knows how to get it going let me know and thanks in advanced

silverfang77

Reaction score
What's the 3D Gallery? I searched the Market and can't find an app by that name? Is it some kind of update we can get? I'd love to try it.

pouxonu

Reaction score
No on 2.2 and most rims the gallery is 3d tilts and its a bit easier t ma.age then the gallery on this set up of gingerbread

Inverse

Reaction score
Freaking hate the 3d gallery. I want to see my pictures, like sometime today. It's one of the things Motorblur does right. Simple, concise~ see all your pics at an easy glance instead of combing through this slow 3d slide show that's meant to wow 3 year old chldren.

GoBears

Reaction score
Freaking hate the 3d gallery. I want to see my pictures, like sometime today. It's one of the things Motorblur does right. Simple, concise~ see all your pics at an easy glance instead of combing through this slow 3d slide show that's meant to wow 3 year old chldren.

Haha right on. I despise the 3d and the 35 folders that pop up.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I have it installed. I didn't like how the Blur Gallery couldn't access my picasa albums.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk