Gingerbread Leaked!

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Personally im going to wait for a week or so see what others think about it, also going to wait till Z4root can root the phone or some other simple 1 button root.
I've been wondering why people think that z4root (which was made for FroYo) will ever work with 2.3.
Most other exploits are also currently blocked. Your best bet would be to just install the pre-rooted update.

OP
E

ExodusC

Reaction score
I've been wondering why people think that z4root (which was made for FroYo) will ever work with 2.3.
Most other exploits are also currently blocked. Your best bet would be to just install the pre-rooted update.
It seems simple enough to just use the pre-rooted version, rather than the stock leak if you want root...

captain howdy

Reaction score
It seems simple enough to just use the pre-rooted version, rather than the stock leak if you want root...

Well looks like I need to read up on sbfing. Just encase I don't like it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:

remiz

Reaction score
I followed the instruction of P3droid to get a rooted GB, and it took me less than an hour, it's not that complicated once you do a SBF. Then I got boostrap recovery and everything back on the leaked GB. Now I'll just wait a bit for the team working on adapting CM7 on the GB leak to have a more mature build and I think I'll keep this phone for a while :). Huge thanks to all the guys who work on these projects, considering the leak was only released yesterday, that's amazing.
On a side note I'm using a foreign GSM network and the official Motorola update fixed the 3G stability issue, I no longer have to reboot my phone every 6 hours to be sure to have the 3G working and my mails coming... The D2G is finaly a global phone!

Last edited:

leobg

Reaction score
I followed the instruction of P3droid to get a rooted GB, and it took me less than an hour, it's not that complicated once you do a SBF. Then I got boostrap recovery and everything back on the leaked GB. Now I'll just wait a bit for the team working on adapting CM7 on the GB leak to have a more mature build and I think I'll keep this phone for a while :). Huge thanks to all the guys who work on these projects, considering the leak was only released yesterday, that's amazing.
On a side note I'm using a foreign GSM network and the official Motorola update fixed the 3G stability issue, I no longer have to reboot my phone every 6 hours to be sure to have the 3G working and my mails coming... The D2G is finaly a global phone!

It is too early to say if GSM connectivity has been improved, but so far (knock on wood!!!!) mine has been flawless (except for the lower signal strength shown on notification bar). Email push is pushing tight and battery consumption seems lower. Let's not celebrate just yet, but so far I have very high hopes!

TwoBuells

Reaction score
what does everyone think of the rooted gb?

I like the rooted GB from TBH.
I posted above about my battery, note that it’s the BP7X extended battery. After my 12 hour day my Battery is at 60% As for speed…I think it smokes 2.2. example: I have this 1500 line spreadsheet, 30 columns across, that I use when I’m on the floor. The spreadsheet loads faster with GB. I also have PDF files of my Service, Parts manuals for my motorcycles and atv. One is 500 pages. It loads faster. I can scroll down 100 pages and by the time I do that I wait 1.5 seconds and the page is ready for viewing. While running 2.2 I had to wait for the pages to be loaded.
Do I like the leaked GB/rooted. Yes.
But one thing, where is the drop down power bar and rotary locker?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Would someone running the leak let me know if haptic feedback now obeys the "off" setting?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Haptic feedback obeys off setting now. I should've mentioned that in the video.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Haptic feedback obeys off setting now. I should've mentioned that in the video.

Thank you Byakushiki. I know someone who is going to be very happy about this. The haptic feedback has been driving her certifiably insane.

If the update gives her better battery life and stops the random reboots she'll finally be happy with this phone. We'll see...

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Why is that the signal bars turn from blue to white? Sometimes they are blue, then later they are white. Same with the wifi bars.

leobg

Reaction score
Why is that the signal bars turn from blue to white? Sometimes they are blue, then later they are white. Same with the wifi bars.

Gingerbread feature. When blue, Google services are connected, when white, not connected.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

jojoferari

Reaction score
A few questions:

1. How is battery life on the leak?

2. How much bloatware is included in the leak? Is there a removal script?

3. Anyone who has been using Cyanogen D2G have a recommendation for me? I'm trying to figure out whether or not to flash... I'm conflicted!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

rusty815

Reaction score
yeah, battery life is a bit better than cm7, and theres a lot of bloat, the same bloat they had on froyo plus some new stuff, so theres a lot more freezing to do, its fast and really solid though, the only bug ive noticed is that sometimes the backlights dont turn on, but thats not that big of a deal.