Gingerbread Leaked!

crumbete

Reaction score
Do I have to sbf before I update? I'm stock rooted, and would rather not lose all my data (especially not my contacts, of which there are several that won't sync with google).

rusty815

Reaction score
if you are stock rooted and have no frozen bloatware, then you can install the rooted leak, if you removed some of the bloatware i suggest that you sbf

crumbete

Reaction score
And that'll leave my data intact? awesome.

bloatware is all intact. I had frozen some of it but it's been all unfrozen for a while.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's the battery meter glitching or is the battery life has now somehow turned otherworldly?

It's been 6.5 hours since I unplugged the charger. The meter just jumped from 80 to 70%. 30% in 6.5 hours seems insane compared to the previous version.

This is with sync, 3G and WiFi enabled, and with GMail, IMAP email push, Google+ and Twitter active.

leobg

Reaction score
They did some magic... I'm on 19.5 hours now with my usual usage (light for that phone - screen was on for 58 min) and phone sits at 61%. note I'm using BP7X battery.
By this time with old 2.2 it would have just about to run out of juice, if not already dead.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

EOK1335

Reaction score
yep the battery life is AMAZING....l lost 1/3 battery in 8 hours, with display on for 2 hours...while it should cost 50% or more previously..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
This is great news about the battery. A family member got the D2G shortly after it came out and has basically been cursing Motorola, Android, Verizon, Google, and anyone stupid enough to own a smartphone. I can't blame her because the battery life on her phone has been laughable. Also, as stated earlier, the haptic feedback is making her crazy. The last piece of the puzzle was the random reboots. It sounds like this update is more stable on that front so after all this time it seems like she'll be happy with her phone.

But I can't believe how long this update has taken. Oh wait, it's still not officially here. What an embarrassing situation! It may be hard to repair Motorola/Android's reputation in some people's eyes because of this. The experience has taught me something though: I'm not going to rush out and buy a phone until I give it at least a month in the wild while I religiously lurk the forums soaking up all the bug reports.

Chaos2092

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's the battery meter glitching or is the battery life has now somehow turned otherworldly?

It's been 6.5 hours since I unplugged the charger. The meter just jumped from 80 to 70%. 30% in 6.5 hours seems insane compared to the previous version.

This is with sync, 3G and WiFi enabled, and with GMail, IMAP email push, Google+ and Twitter active.
What?! That's absolutely insane. I'm currently on the Froyo kernel CM7 and am not exactly willing to jump ship just yet... but will this be possible once they get a rock solid CM7 working with the official GB kernel? I sincerely hope so... my god.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I'm on that same boat, though battery life is still good on froyo kernel. Capable of probably 250hours of standby atm. Take a look at the videos I posted a few pages back if you want previews. And yes, the battery icon is of the older gb blur, not the Droid 3 blur.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Hm, just thought of something. What if the battery stats are inaccurate because of the OS upgrade? Someone should try running the battery til the phone shuts off then charging it all the way. That'll calibrate things so we can be sure that the battery stats are accurate. I don't have this phone so...not it!

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Well, myself, I'm planning to let it power down by itself. (Oh, by the way, I'm using the stock battery, not the extended one.)

The “screen on” timer is at around 1 hour now.

12h 18m on battery. Battery level: 50%.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Well, myself, I'm planning to let it power down by itself. (Oh, by the way, I'm using the stock battery, not the extended one.)

The “screen on” timer is at around 1 hour now.

12h 18m on battery. Battery level: 50%.

OK Yuno, I am interested to read your findings.

leobg

Reaction score
I am just gonna show this:
124bngh.png

(Circle battery says 45% left)

This has never, ever happened on neither of the older firmwares or ROM's. Period!