Gingerbread Leaked!

SteveIrv

Reaction score
First problem I had with "this" was the apparent inability to rename the download file as "update.zip". But did find the leak file out on another forum that had already been saved as such. Downloaded the file to my PC, copied it over to my phone, rebooted with x-power, cleared cache, installed update.zip.

Went very nice/clean.

Don't know if I like the second row of icons on my screens with phone functions on them......can't seem to delete/hide those icons, I've got all THAT "stuff" on the screen to the right of home. ???? Looks like everything I had on all my screens is there and working fine, but when I put the phone in it's cradle/doc....the icons for the apps I'd installed on those screens were all gone, easy enough to reinstall them.

Don't know what happened but......<grin>. Several months ago I'd taken a few pictures with my phone and e-mailed them to myself/PC. For some reason they never showed up. After the install of GB......there they went.....:), showed up on my PC after being in limbo for several months :). Wonder how many other people got old/stale pics or e-mails from me this morning??

Another difference I noticed.....I used to long press/highlight an icon and just move it to where I wanted it on the scree. Doesn't work like that anymore. Trashcan shows up on the top of the screen and when you longpress the icon and move it...it's gone. Took me a while to figure out I could install apps/icons on the screen where I wanted them by tapping that spot on the screen then going through the add process. Cool.

OP
E

ExodusC

Reaction score
I flashed TBH Rooted GB last night.

I'm at 7 hours since my full charge, a few calls, many emails, a few texts, Running bluetooth with a stereo headset and my BP7x is at 90%

That's crazy- that's the kind of battery life I want...

Maybe I'll install it tonight for giggles. I don't know if I can handle it after the awesome that is CyanogenMod.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

xcodybx

Reaction score
so after finally doing all of the updating to gb
I have to go back to stock again to gain root access?

xcodybx

Reaction score
so I don't have to be back to stock to perform this?
i've already done the update to gb.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Fun fact: at least in TBH's version Mobile WiFi Hotspot works out of the box.

You can now disable the shutter sound in Camera Settings.

Last edited:

Kimo91

Reaction score
I actually got mine from tram blackhat and I'm totally happy having gingerbread finally on my D2G. Runs kinda slow but I'm guessing that it just needs to settle on my phone.

if its not Boeing, I'm not going!!! TEAM BOEING SOUTH CAROLINA ROCKS!!!!!!

captain howdy

Reaction score
Personally im going to wait for a week or so see what others think about it, also going to wait till Z4root can root the phone or some other simple 1 button root.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Jorona

Reaction score
Okay, heres my list of bones.

1.) Battery life is similar, and definately not better so far over stock .330.
2.) Automatic Brightness works fine in everything but pure darkness, it then goes to 100%, making the screen obscenely bright.
3.) You can't change the color of the bottom launcher bar on the home screens. It clashes horribly with my background.
4.) The 3G Icon has a one pixel shift when the arrows light up.
5.) The Battery manager no longer gives you the percentage. You have to guess based on the graph.

I am running the un-rooted inital leak.

xcodybx

Reaction score
hell.... I'm just going to wait for z4root.
i'm not going to customize my stock stuff, just to have it change AGAIN.

OP
E

ExodusC

Reaction score
Okay, heres my list of bones.

1.) Battery life is similar, and definately not better so far over stock .330.
2.) Automatic Brightness works fine in everything but pure darkness, it then goes to 100%, making the screen obscenely bright.
3.) You can't change the color of the bottom launcher bar on the home screens. It clashes horribly with my background.
4.) The 3G Icon has a one pixel shift when the arrows light up.
5.) The Battery manager no longer gives you the percentage. You have to guess based on the graph.

That slight, but ridiculous oversight bothered the hell out of me on the stock Blur. Really, how did that even happen?

After hearing those nuances (thank you for that), I'll just chill out until we get a good build of CyanogenMod with the Gingerbread base.

Kimo91

Reaction score
hell.... I'm just going to wait for z4root.
i'm not going to customize my stock stuff, just to have it change AGAIN.

If you get it from TBH like some of us did its already rooted. Once I finished installing gingerbread I went back into titanium backup and restored everything...easy as pie

if its not Boeing, I'm not going!!! TEAM BOEING SOUTH CAROLINA ROCKS!!!!!!