Gingerbread and wireless tether

Sinestro99

Reaction score
Upgraded to GB and am running Liberty .9 Tried to use tether for the first time today and got hijacked by Verizon. I bought the wifi Xoom because I had tethering capabilities on my Droid X. Please help. Thanks in advance.

strickdd

Reaction score
Same issue here

Can anyone send me the info? I'm having the same issue.

bashcash

Reaction score
brad, would you be so kind as to send a copy my way? thanks!

Tacomatrd4x402

Reaction score
Will this work for a wifi Xoom? I currently have a rooted dx2 w/ gingerbread. Every tether app i'm trying is not being recognized by my Xoom. Please help. Thanks.

deltatech

Reaction score
Sorry, I am a noob and don't have a clue what to do with the patch I downloaded. All I see are two files several directory levels into the zip. Can someone tell me how to apply these?

I am assuming I need to dump them on to the sd card and execute the script somehow but haven't been able to figure out how to execute it.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I am a noob and don't have a clue what to do with the patch I downloaded. All I see are two files several directory levels into the zip. Can someone tell me how to apply these?

I am assuming I need to dump them on to the sd card and execute the script somehow but haven't been able to figure out how to execute it.

Just boot into Droid 2 bootstrap and flash the file. Make sure its on your SD Card before you boot into Clockwork

MIUI

deltatech

Reaction score

Just boot into Droid 2 bootstrap and flash the file. Make sure its on your SD Card before you boot into Clockwork

MIUI

I should have mentioned I am running an Atrix with Gingerbread from the ota update. I have no clue how to boot into the bootstrap and flash nor do I know what clockwork is. Did I mention I am a newbie? Just came from iPhone a week ago :)

I have rooted it and been able to get shell access. I just don't know where to go from there.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah, this is for Droid X. The patch wont work for the Atrix... sorry!

CM74DX

patfactorx

Reaction score
can someone pm me too thanks

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
can someone pm me too thanks

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Sorry, it wont work for you. You also would have had to be rooted. There is a way posted in the D3 forum section. It requires using software to reprogram your radio.

Born2golf, I sent you a PM

CM74DX

born2golf

Reaction score
Thanks Brad. I got this working on my D2 liberty v0.8 using the wifi tether ver 2.06. It is working OK (though slow when using WPA), but I noticed that when it starts tethering, I get a new blue notification item on my bar stating that tethering or hotspot is now active, and should click it to configure it. I have used wifi tether before on my stock froyo and never saw this before. Is this something from GB or maybe liberty??

Is it ok if this is running? or is this reporting my actions to VZ?