Getting SO frustrated with Drops

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
Same here man my a wife's razor will have data and my razr will not have data it's so frustrating I notice the lack of data when i'm traveling streaming music. My data at home never drops. Im trading for the nexus it will be here tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

apparently you did not see the earlier post by the Nexus owner who was on his way to verizon to return his nexus.

oomotofxoo

Reaction score
I realize it not the razr but I have other issues with the razr like it randomly reboots and laggs after a couple days use which required a reboot this is my first experience with Android I came from iPhone so I guess i'm just use to everything just working when I need it too and being 100 percent user friendly and not having to download apps to get the same functionally from Android...

AZClimber

Reaction score
These 4G LTE "smart" phones with very limited battery life are way to buggy for me too. I do like the ICS on the Nexus but I actually need a phone that works like a phone and I can talk to my customers and clients without the coverage dropping every ten minutes. I went back to both my Casio G'Zone Brigade and LG enV Touch - My frustration level went from plus ten back down to zero - Old tech still rocks.

digitalpandora

Reaction score
This is my 3rd Razr (second replacement) and it still has the same problem. I can't deal with it anymore. It would be manageable if it just dropped 4g, but it drops data entirely. I talked to the Verizon rep and she said she checked forums and called Motorola and both came up with no data drops reported...not sure which forums she checked!

oomotofxoo

Reaction score
Have her check the forums using your phone. I got the same treatment from Verizon as well. I'm also noticing I drop data at the same areas as I drive so it must related to their hardware. On a side note the razr has never dropped a call....

NewlyDroided

Reaction score
Oh come on folks... lets not sit here and pretend you have ultra-slow internet speeds because the 4g network is down... you guys have to realize the 4g map is a work in progress for any mobile phone carrier. That being said, the 3g network is more than capable of handling majority of the surfing the average person undergoes.. which is why people who own the iPhone 4s are not complaining. If you are in an area of poor connectivity in general, then I do not know what to say.. just don't blame the phone.. blame the area that you live in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

oomotofxoo

Reaction score
Its the 3g network too and plus if my phone bill is 150 a month the phone better work regardless of where I live there is no excuse for these issues going on as long as they are.

mekanism

Reaction score
Wow, even the RAZR is having data issues! I returned my nexus for the same reason a week ago and went back to my x. While these devices are awesome when they work they are less than useless when they don't. Fyi ics is just as buggy as gb or even worse. My gnex would lag and fc and reboot everyday. So those of you thinking by switching to the gnex your experience will be better, think again!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

iguanad

Reaction score
The problem seems to be that if you have a weak 4g signal the phone doesn't switch to 3g sometimes. It just tells you that there is no data connection.

Perch

Reaction score
Im sick of this crap. I live in Westchester NY. Suburbs of NYC. We have some of the best coverage around. I have 4g 90% of the time and 4-5 bars most of the time as well. I will all of the sudden pick up the phone and have no data. This happens a bunch of times throughout the day. Sometimes it will say I have 4g but it will be white in the bar and not working. After a few minutes it turns blue and I get data. Its unacceptable that this happens all the time. Its no the service bc my wife who has a Inc2 never has this problem when I do.

I have a buddy who lives in Manhattan and he gets drops all the time.

oomotofxoo

Reaction score
this is day 2 of having my a nexus and I have had no data drops this phone is flawless. I do not miss my razr at all no data drops so far and battery lasts a lot longer. the screen is also better as well as the pictures. this phone is harder to root though...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
a tid bit of customer service chat with verizon as I was trying to squeeze a discount out of them for the Razr...
They are tough!

thadroidz: unless the phone drops data and becomes unusable then that shouldn't be a problem.. Has there been any connection issues reported with this phone?

Miriam: No, there hasn't been any issues with connection. It's a 4g device which also works on the 3g network. If you're not wanting insurance please be sure to buy a case for extra protection.

I thought the Razr was indestructible?

here's full context of the session if you need a laugh..
Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.
You are now chatting with 'Miriam'
Miriam: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?
chad: hello, I am debating on upgrading to a Razr what type of discount can verizon offer me?
Miriam: I'll be more than happy to assist you with your questions. The price of the Razr with a 2-yr contract will be discounted.
chad: I can get it at other online shops for $229 and less.
Miriam: I understand you feel the device is expensive. Purchasing from a 3rd party vendor will result in signing to contracts.
chad: what do you mean signing?
Miriam: There will be 2 contact agreements. One with Verizon and another with the 3rd party vendor.
chad: yeah the 3rd party vendor just states I keep the phone activated for 90 days, no biggie...
chad: unless the phone drops data and becomes unusable then that shouldn't be a problem.. Has there been any connection issues reported with this phone?
Miriam: No, there hasn't been any issues with connection. It's a 4g device which also works on the 3g network. If you're not wanting insurance please be sure to buy a case for extra protection.
chad: insurance is also cheaper 3rd party....
chad: no issues what so ever?
chad: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/192678-getting-so-frustrated-drops.html <---- (link to this topic)
chad: read that
Miriam: I'm unable to access that information. Would you like to order the device online now?
chad: I believe after my contracts expire this time around I will be switching to sprint.
chad: I have been with Verizon many years and $299 for a phone is pathetic
Miriam: I understand you feel the prices are expensive. As a sales rep I'm unable to change the prices. I want you to get the best deal possible.
chad: your supervisor can...
Miriam: Neither my supervisor or anyone in my department has the power to change prices. However, I can give you the number to Customer Care and they'll possibly work something out. How does this sound?
chad: nah, I will keep my 2 yr old device. and when the contract is up on my other lines we will be moving on.
Miriam: May I assist you with anything else?
chad: just read that link when you get a chance, I cannot believe you flat out lied about not having connection issues just to make a sale.
chad: there are known issues
Miriam: I apologize you feel that I've lied to you. There aren't any alerts about the connection with the Razr. May I assist you with anything else tonight?

(long break)

Miriam: Hi, I'm just checking in, how is everything going?
chad: sorry was browsing Sprint's website..

Last edited:

oomotofxoo

Reaction score
I got my phone super cheap I refuse to deal with verizon at the store level they never help always try to get me to buy something or upgrade my plan....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Insidious

Reaction score
a tid bit of customer service chat with verizon as I was trying to squeeze a discount out of them for the Razr...
They are tough!

I thought the Razr was indestructible?

here's full context of the session if you need a laugh..

Now THAT was rough!

mleber

Reaction score
I really don't get when people say, "I'm tired of these data drops; I'm going with the iPhone." Just run your RAZR in 3G only; you'll still have the option for 4G if you ever want to (or if Verizon ever gets their network sorted). Why would you not even want the option?

That would be like having an early HDTV that would sometimes freeze up after playing a bluray (not during) requiring you to restart the TV, but it worked fine in non-HD mode. Your solution? Buy a non-HDTV. Seriously? Why get rid of the option?

Sliced from my RAZR

Putting it in CDMA only does not solve the problem at all. Same issues continue to happen. You would think it would logically solve but it does not.