getting really frustrated

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I do a factory reset, how does one go about retrieving contacts from google?

I will have to take your word on the rope trick, it still won't play for me.

I plan on going to Verizon tomorrow...haven't had time yet.
Log onto you G-mail account and make sure that your contacts are sync'd. Your contacts are linked to your g-mail account, so when you reset and log into your phone your contacts will be re-populated.

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Well everything works...I can surf, upload pics to photobucket, etc....and some videos work, it just randomly doesn't play some.
This happens to me also. Some videos play, some don't. More like I can't play a video one day, and then a week or so later, if i attempt to play same video, it plays with no issues.

I too have been having problems with my phone and called Verizon, and they put me through some troubleshooting steps. I explained to the Verizon tech support that I had about 5 dropped calls, some freezes, and delays between apps to which the phone hangs on a black screen and do nothing unless I power off and turn on again. After that call, my phone was suddenly as fast as it was when I first purchased it. Hopefully, I won't run into the same issues again.

Sucks you are having the same issue...but glad I'm not the only one.

It really sucks when you try to show your friend with an iphone a video...and it makes a fool of you and you get the "shoulda bought an iphone" reply.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you going directly to YouTube to play the videos or are you trying to play them from embedded posts?

If it's still not working, go into a VZW store, show them the problem, and get it replaced. It's not an ideal way to spend your day, but may be the resolution you need.

Heck, I'm on my way to VZW now to exchange because of dust under my screen. Not what I want to do... but gotta do it.

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
I will, just wish it were something I could remedy myself.

I am clicking from embedded posts, but some have not played when just searching through youtube.

When in the recovery screen, it also popped up this...is it normal?
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command