Getting my Nexus on Friday!

Insidious

Reaction score
Hey Nexus owners, im wondering what to expect bug-wise, and im here to ask how the experience has been so far. I briefly played with one the other day and I did notice some lag but the device blew me away! Im crazy excited!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

rasaun87

Reaction score
Your going to love it. Speaker is weak. No fb contact integration. Other than that: AWESOMENESS.

sent from my bio... err rezo... err Galaxy Nexus. using vanilla android.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Your going to love it. Speaker is weak. No fb contact integration. Other than that: AWESOMENESS.

I don't have a Facebook so that doesn't bother me. Weak speaker is something that I can deal with. :b

pool_shark

Reaction score
I honestly do like the phone and I plan on keeping it.
However it has some issues.
The issues for me don't seem to be affecting anyone else, but that's ok because I'm not affected by the issues most others are having.

Voice dial over bluetooth is horrible, and the worst part is there is no setting to prompt for verification or adapt your voice.

I think the camera is better than the credit I've given it, but I still can"t say it's good.

I like to have a background image on my Google homepage, but the Nexus can't select the image and if I select the image from my PC the Nexus can't display the page properly.

Watching some videos with black backgrounds produces some odd blue blotches. But it doesn't appear to always happen.

I have no problems with my signal, call quality, wifi, transferring files over USB, speaker volume, or LEDs.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Weak speaker will be fixed at some point with an OTA. Not to worry

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Good thing I don't use bluetooth too often! :)
Thanks for the input.

rasaun87

Reaction score
Almost every problem will be fixed ota. Straight from Google baby!!!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're on a fringe 4G area you may have problems with 4g to 3g transitions, I don't have any problems but I know they've been mentioned.

I don't notice the speaker being quiet, maybe the voltage is higher on mine, shrug.

You don't use facebook so you won't be affected by the contact issue.

A lot of apps haven't been updated for 4.0, so you could see some random reboots if you try to use old apps that don't work well on 4.0.

Some people have signal issues, but I have not seen these at all, my 4G has been pretty incredible.

Notifications were a little wonky when I got mine stock, but I installed the free app Lightflow and it let me set any color notification I want and works perfectly. I'd suggest this app asap if you like different colors for different notifications.

Enjoy! It's really a great phone, don't let people scare you with all their "issues" if it was serious we'd all be pissed.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit skeptical since I ran the app made by a Google dev that says my phone will receive updates from Google but must be approved by Verizon... How to check your GSM Galaxy Nexus version

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

This was debunked the other day by a Google employee, both mysid and yakju versions are directly updated from Google.

I'll edit with the link if I find it again.

kaboyd

Reaction score
This was debunked the other day by a Google employee, both mysid and yakju versions are directly updated from Google.

I'll edit with the link if I find it again.

Ahh, thanks for the info. That makes me feel a bit better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums