My nexus was perfect...

Oliver84

Reaction score
The description page makes it sound like that's a paid-only feature. And it seems like the focus is on battery savings, so it is looking for applications using a lot of CPU rather than a lot of memory. If that app does have a history of memory usage per-app, that would be extremely helpful, though, sure!

The "History" feature is a paid feature. But you can monitor memory usage and cpu usage in real time in the free version. It's great for battery and memory troubleshooting which are my main concerns right now...

OP
wolstonc

wolstonc

Reaction score
I don't show many running apps on startup. Mainly the stock apps, a game, and stuff like that. But maybe a task killer can see more. I'll try this soon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would advise Nova Launcher and Beam LWP...or a static wallpaper. Phone runs the absolute with this configuration. IMHO

HikenGruven

Reaction score
If it takes a long time when you press home, that means that the Launcher was forced out of memory - autokilled by Android. This was a major problem with the Droid - with only 256mb of ram, it didnt take long to run out of ram. W

Ugh, I use to pull my hair out over the redraw on my Droid 1. I don't know what I would have done without ZepplinRox's v6 supercharger script. If you go under the developer options, there is a option where you can select how many apps run in the background, i.e. standard limit, one or two, etc. I usually leave it on one or two and my phone has been speedy thus far. I have noticed though that when I reboot, it automatically goes back to the standard limit. Is that making a difference or is it just in my head?