Getting my Droid on Tuesday, any tips for it?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
my manifesto for the droid (rough draft)

Stock email app: works fine for about a week then stops fetching (pop3, don't know about IMAP). Solution: switch to k9 or delete accounts in stock app and redo once/week.

Gmail app: eventually stops syncing/connection problems, possibly due to sending attachments. Solution: go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > menu > Filter > All > Gmail Storage > Clear data

"Gmail Notifier" in the market takes care of gmail not notifying you for every email.

Reboot every 3 days if people you call are sometimes complaining about echoing/muffled/garbled voice. You won't get these complaints if you use bluetooth/speakerphone a lot. If you do get a call where someone complains, toggle the speakerphone on and off. Also, make sure you are speaking into the mic.

All of these bugs have been reported. Verizon/motorola/google should be ashamed of all this fundamental stuff that's broken, but at least there are workarounds, right? I still love my droid & it still kicks iphone butt. And we're bound to get 2.1 any day...