Getting Custom Kernels Running on the Droid X

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Wait a minute!!!! Does this mean I should take my X off of craigslist????????????????

No. The X is getting outdated. This would have been special if it happened last July/August but not really anymore seeming the Dual core Motorola phones will be out soon at Verizon.

Sent via DX free with Liberty 1.5

There are tons of people who will have the X for quite some time to come.. This is GREAT news!!

OP
aliasxerog

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
No. The X is getting outdated. This would have been special if it happened last July/August but not really anymore seeming the Dual core Motorola phones will be out soon at Verizon.

Sent via DX free with Liberty 1.5

"Outdated?" Do you know how many D1 users there still are out there? Do you think for a second that they believe their device is "outdated?" Wow!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

was about to edit my post and say that but not any moar :p.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Honestly the OG Droid is more up to date than ours. I just updated my exgirlfriend's droid to gingerbread and i'm still stuck on friggin froyo.

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
YES!!! I'm so happy! I just might have to go back to the X (right now using a Droid 2 Global). Unless, of course, the method used by @nenolod is not X specific. If not, how hard would it be to port to the other Droids? I can't imagine it would be difficult... but then again I'm a major newb with this stuff :)

jawonder

Reaction score
I just saw this and I'm bloody thrilled. Hopefully it will be tons useful.

What does this mean , i click on the link and there are some download links for RCs , what do one do with this and when or how soon will it be ready for everyone to use .

Hopefully end of this week maybe next week depending on how much time we have to work on this.

Go man Go !! , we are behind you %100 . For the person who said the X is outdated what year and time are you living in ? , the X just came out last year it's not even a year old D1 has been around for years and developers are still rushing to make roms and Mods for it , why ? : because D1 has a lot of freedom and that's what aliasxerog is trying to do for the Droid X , just do your thing aliasxerog .

Last edited:

Snow02

Reaction score
YES!!! I'm so happy! I just might have to go back to the X (right now using a Droid 2 Global). Unless, of course, the method used by @nenolod is not X specific. If not, how hard would it be to port to the other Droids? I can't imagine it would be difficult... but then again I'm a major newb with this stuff :)

It's not X specific. X, D2, milestone, couple others (charm? )

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I've been hearing reports from very reliable sources that those codes don't work. So, please, someone restore my faith in good luck and tell me my sources are incorrect. :)

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
Really? How could it be fake? So many people are working late into the night right now on this! Motorola's cease and desisit letter! Freemymoto seemed so optimistic... I really hope the keys are real. If they are fake, this will go down as the biggest letdown in Android history (at least for me)

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Just found this over at the XDA Milestone forums

[3:35] <fjfalcon> So, Bootloader keys cracked? Good news!
[3:35] <[mbm]> lol
[3:35] <[mbm]> nope
[3:36] <fjfalcon> Why not?
[3:37] <fjfalcon> As far as i see on xda-dev and other forums that someone found fulnuability to keystorage?
[3:37] <[mbm]>
[3:37] <[mbm]> troll.
[3:37] <fjfalcon> No, i'm not
[3:37] <fjfalcon> wait a minute, will post link
[3:37] <[mbm]> not you, the "I found the keys" dude
[3:38] <fjfalcon> so, nenolod don't found anything?
[3:38] <[mbm]> correct.
[3:38] <[mbm]> which isn't the first time he's pulled this stunt
[3:39] <fjfalcon> damn =(
[3:39] <fjfalcon> thank you.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Interestingly enough alias just tweeted that he got keys puked out using his method.. I guess he is on his way to reaching the same conclusion as birdman?

Hopefully not though.. best bet is probs to go to sleep and stop worrying about it and hope for the best

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, nothing is certain as a couple of birdmans tweets seemed to contradict himself. Until alias confirms one way or another, im holding on to ssome hope that this is precisely what we have been looking for.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Holding out hope is fine, but get too wrapped up in it.

It's a terrible feeling when you suddenly realize that Santa Claus is fake.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Holding out hope is fine, but get too wrapped up in it.

It's a terrible feeling when you suddenly realize that Santa Claus is fake.

Its funny to sit and watch everyone realize santa is fake. Im not christian, so I did this. Its hilarious. This however, would not be funny cause this needs to happen one way or another.