Getting a replacement Droid 1 and...

wmallen3

Reaction score
I want my same configuration. Would I back up my current Rom on my sdcard, flash clockworkmod on the new and restore the recovery after placing the sd card from old droid in the new one?.

Shusuke028

Reaction score
I'm wondering this exact same thing. My physical keyboard's been causing problems and they're sending me a replacement in the next day or so. How would WE go about gettin back our current configuration

Will universal androot work for droid 1? How would i install a recovery after that? (guessing through ROM Manager)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm not going to suggest a way to root. There's many options and I will assume you can get it rooted. As far as getting your setup back. Yes do a nandroid backup and once you are rooted and have CW back just do a restore and you're set.

Little tip, when you get the replacement keep everything. Your battery and sdcard(they don't send one anyways) but you will get a new battery so now you will have a backup battery as well.

Sent from somewhere...

Shusuke028

Reaction score
I'm not going to suggest a way to root. There's many options and I will assume you can get it rooted. As far as getting your setup back. Yes do a nandroid backup and once you are rooted and have CW back just do a restore and you're set.

Little tip, when you get the replacement keep everything. Your battery and sdcard(they don't send one anyways) but you will get a new battery so now you will have a backup battery as well.

Sent from somewhere...

ok thanks
and wow, really? They'll be ok with u keeping their battery? cause i'm definitely gonna do that lol