Gettin real frustrated....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenacious bee

Reaction score
He shouldn't have to though. What an awesome response...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Seeing as to how that is the first thing that tech support has you do for any problem it was an excellent response.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
I'm not complaining or upset. I'm just saying I like a stable system, don't you? I love android, but I don't see iPhone users having nearly as many of these kinds of issues.

Umm Hello!? iPhone 4 You're holding it wrong! Wait a minute!! Let's fix it with a Silicone phone condom. Yeah no problems with Apple products what so ever.

jspencer67

Reaction score
The only thing I found so far as a glitch is when I went out of a Verizon coverage area into ATT (I Believe).....I had already clicked on the allow data while roaming button and it still wouldnt grab onto their 3G network so ....no data

a Battery pull fixed this

BlownSi05

Reaction score
Ha... the iPhone didn't even gave SMS on original release....
Go find an iPhone forum I bet its full of bugs...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

really?
I seem to remember all kinds of glitches on launch day for iPhone4.

Actually, the iPhone is incredibly stable with amazing battery life. The problem is customization. You really can't do much with it. Most of the problems that you see are from people who don't know what they are doing. Jail-breaking the phone gives you some customization capability, but even then it is still not on par with Android, plus it puts a dent in the battery life for some reason.

Now back on topic; do a battery pull. Yes it sounds strange, but you have to treat these new smartphones almost like a computer, specifically laptops. Sometimes you have to pull the battery on a laptop to ensure that it fully loses power and completely resets itself. I have even had to pull CMOS batteries out of the MB before to fix issues. It is always worth a try considering the small amount of time involved.

Also, I remember from my old Droid X having an issue syncing the facebook pics. On the stock software, it would not sync the pics unless ALL your facebook contacts were synced, i.e. the facebook app did not give you the option of syncing ONLY your existing contacts. Once I was rooted running a custom ROM (Rubix), I had this option in the facebook app. Not sure if this could be the issue, but it is another thing you could check.

Looking forward to seeing some good stuff from this phone, as I like messing with my phone, and the iPhone right now is not doing for me. I think the GF is going to get my iPhone and I will pick either this phone up or wait for the Droid Prime later this year.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Try a battery pull. Then if that doesnt work, simply do a factory reset. The problems that you have mentioned are all software related, it should be fixable with one of these procedures.

J

JriderG

Some fanboys got mad in here... what a shame. Btw blown thanks for pointing out the stability of the iphone. I know that cm7 is more stable than stock on my droidX. This just shouldn't be the case, but I'm not complaining. Some of you virgins need to see the light.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Some fanboys got mad in here... what a shame. Btw blown thanks for pointing out the stability of the iphone. I know that cm7 is more stable than stock on my droidX. This just shouldn't be the case, but I'm not complaining. Some of you virgins need to see the light.

At least the Bionic doesn't need a case to make calls.
If thats not stable I don't see what isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.