Geofun - Geocaching app

SlyHusky

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the geofun app recently? I tried to go out caching yesterday and I could not log into the app to input caches. Usually they just download the closest 20 caches to my location but I could not get even one to pull us at all.

I emailed the developer but I figured that someone else might be having the same issues:

I did a battery pull, uninstall/reinstall as well. No dice

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Tried it, But was not impressed.

Not like I was going to let my daughter use my Droid...I have a XL500 handheld that is bulletproof with her....

onthemark

Reaction score
I would suggest using c.geo as the app you use for geocaching. It is by far the best one out there in my opinion.

I was amazed at how well it worked. Going to test it when we get a sunny day here in the northwest against my Magellan to see how accurate it really is in the field.

Had a few issues with trees yesterday but found the caches i was hunting anyways.:icon_ banana:

digerati

Reaction score
I've used c:geo to find about 15 caches. They just added the ability to log your caches so it is now my go to app!

onthemark

Reaction score
Excellent. Ya I like being able to log visits right away. Hopefully the developer will be able to add the ability to log trackables - travel bugs/coins as well.

Pretty sure this is not far off. Seems like an update rolls out at least once a week with new updates and features.

qoncept

Reaction score
I read this thread last week and decided to check it out for the first time. I downloaded c:geo, registered on geocaching.com, and wandered around for a couple hours. Unfortunately, the road I thought I'd take was closed a mile further from the cache I picked than I thought, there was about 14 inches of snow to walk through, I had my 13 inch tall dog and it was dark when I was half way to the cache. And a huge branch from a tree fell and hit me in the forehead.

In the end, I decided to go get drunk and try it again this spring.

ci2019

Reaction score
I've had great luck with Geobeagle. Can log onsite with it as well. Haven't used it since November though so don't know about any changes since then if any.