General review, complaints, and info

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
So wait it's official? 4GB? :/

Apparently... the word is that it IS official from two sources I've read that claim to have received this information from HTC. My guess is that HTC and VerizonWireless are trying to figure out what to do. The number of items for which both dropped the ball on this nice phone is astounding. If it really is 4GB of storage... that's embarrassing. Extremely embarrassing... Smaller battery, smaller memory... an entire department asleep at the wheel for weeks...

Amen, Brother.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's the tweet I got from @TeamAndIRC the ones that rooted the damn thing...

"@JonKYU via @scotty2walker it's an 8gb emmc chip that is formatted in SLC mode, giving you half the space, twice the reliability."

So technically it is 8gb, just 4gb is usable. So technically its not false? I dunno...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

vzdroid13

Reaction score
I can't understand how Motorola can fit such larger batteries in the same size phones. Even seidios batteries aren't as large as MOTOs.

sent from my Thunderbolt

evereddie

Reaction score
I like mine. First smart phone.
BTW, is there any way to not have the lock screen? Just hit the power button and it comes on from standby. Probably have to root and customize I bet.

Have you tried "no lock" from the market its what I used in the past but haven't tried it yet. Not sure if it requires root though.

Thanx, I'll give it a look and try it if it sound good.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is my post invisible or something?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

People are turned off by facts on this board. They'd rather go with their own assumptions and opinions.

It's still a little shady. Just say it's only got 4 gigs if that's how you intended for it to be. Don't tell people its got 8 if they're going to get to use less than half of that.

slinky

Reaction score
Your logic seems invisible to me, lol. :) I thought it would be obvious.

What if a new hard drive is manufactured, sold like every other hard drive on the market, but the space you get is only 50% of what is advertised? "Technically" it has space for 32GB but instead of getting the 30GB or so storage that every other drive on the market gets sitting on the shelf next to it, you only get 12GB of storage for various reasons. You don't think that it's a deceptive practice not to alert the user that the common way of determining user available space is completely wrong?

How about salespeople in the store insisting that a software update will recover the other 18GB? Is that deceptive or are 99% of the population just not smart enough to have figured this out?

Let me guess -- someone at HTC and Verizon may have known about this. Do you think they would have gotten panned for putting out a new, top of the line, flagship phone that has less than half of the fast internal memory than an old phone it put out more than a year ago?

funkyb

Reaction score
Well, if they advertised the wrong specs, they are going to be in a lot of #^&*

Amen, that's false advertising on a huge scale. I bought 8GB of Internal storage. I see 2.5GB. WTF...... When the **** is this update coming out?

There will be no update for this, I think. As far as I understand, eMMC can be partitioned once, at the factory. Perhaps it can be reformatted, but sounds like something that cannot be done OTA.