Gb for dinc2

HTCuser

Reaction score
I've been hearing rumors that gb is coming for the dinc2 on monday. Can you guys give me a confirmation about that and maybe a link confirming that too????

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

DrElwinRansom

Reaction score
I've only seen Monday on this site. The official link is here, and it says nothing about the date: Software Update: DROID INCREDIBLE 2 by HTC

That's the Verizon page, which has already been put up on their site as though the update were out already, which sounds like it's truly imminent (meaning that it's rolling out some time this weekend) like most of the other sites are saying.

I'll be happy to be corrected.

-------
UPDATE:
Ok, I see where the Monday info originated: http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible-2/371520-gingerbread-update-july-11th.html. But no evidence for the date is given.

combat_chuck

Reaction score
I can tell you that it is Monday and there is "no update available" but then again its only 10am...

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Cybervlad81

Reaction score
The droid 2 global info sheet has been on VZW site for around a month and that update has still not hit, so the install sheet being out is not a real good indicator...

anguish

Reaction score
The D2G has been a fiasco since day one. Both MOTO and VZW are to blame here.

BTW-- Another date I heard for D2G is supposedly July 15, but I heard that back before the supposed release in June.. So, who knows? Besides, I've also heard that they have pulled it for now due to the DX issues. We'll see..

Cybervlad81

Reaction score
I ordered a LG Revolution and HTC incredable 2 the other day, So that will give me 3 chances to get GB soon.... also three times the wait anticipation.... grrr.... I should have ordered the x.... Guess I will start filling out a new Purchase Request. Do any of the newer phones have 2.3 on VZW yet, or just the older ones?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alot of the phones on Verizon do not have Gingerbread yet. It's not that much of a step up from Froyo. But there will be some benefits if all goes well with the OTA update.

Card

Reaction score
The new OTA update for the Incredible 2 is a GB update.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I meant to say that gb isn't much of a step up from froyo. But I took the update last night and I do notice a difference. There are some interface changes too with this update.

sent from my inc2

anguish

Reaction score
I'm using a rooted ROM based on the OTA from last night, and I like the little differences. Haven't played around much yet with it though since I just installed it and I'm now on the phone!