Dinc2 battery?

ajrenee

Reaction score
My dinc2 has a 1450 battery. Is it okay to put a 1500 in it? Is there a size difference? I need a new battery, and I found a good deal, but I want to make sure they're the same size.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

TheOldFart

Reaction score
There are a number of places that advertise 1500 mAh batteries, but if you look at the picture they say 1450. Here is one place:

HTC 1500mAh Standard Battery for Droid Incredible 2, Droid Incredible S - HTC Batteries - HTC Accessories Depot

If you got a really good price on it, like $8, then it is likely a used recycled battery. I ordered a cheap one off of Amazon that was advertised as new in retail packaging, but Google investigation of the place I bought it from revealed that they are a recycler of used cell phone parts. It should arrive today, so I'll update when I check it out. The reviews of other dealers also advertising as selling the battery as new and in retail packaging resulted in people getting used batteries, some that wouldn't hold a charge and even one that had the water damage sticker activated.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Dont't do it. Search OEM battery for your INC2 and get that...you'll thanks me.

Sent from my DROID X2

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Dont't do it. Search OEM battery for your INC2 and get that...you'll thanks me.

Sent from my DROID X2

The 1500 is probably actually a used OEM 1450 battery. Just because it is an OEM battery does not mean that it's not a used one with little life left. On a side note, a few months ago my wife bought a $7 battery from an Amazon vendor to replace the one in her year old Ally. When it arrived, it had obviously been used, but it held a charge better than her year old one and worked fine for the 8 or so months until she retired the Ally a couple of weeks ago.

Edit: Here is an OEM battery on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Incredibl...I3QA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1324998588&sr=8-7

Read the reviews of AccessoryOne and you will find that they sell used batteries. It might just be slightly used or it might be useless. Being advertised as OEM means little.

Edit 2: I just received my advertised New in Retail Packaging battery. It is an OEM battery, but the PN is for the HTC Desire and not the Inc2 as advertised. The water damage sticker has been replaced by a totally white sticker that is on just crocked enough to see the remains of adhesive from a removed sticker. It is packaged in a plastic envelope.

Last edited: