Go back to stock

HTCuser

Reaction score
I'm kinda a noob to Android and I put on a sense 3.0 rom on my dinc2. Can someone give me instructions on how to go back to stock.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

inm8num2

Reaction score
I would also be interested in going back to stock OS.

Gingerbread update is KILLING my battery life for some reason. The cell standby is draining so quickly.

To the OP, I don't know if factory reset will help you, but others can chime in.

OP
HTCuser

HTCuser

Reaction score
I would also be interested in going back to stock OS.

Gingerbread update is KILLING my battery life for some reason. The cell standby is draining so quickly.

To the OP, I don't know if factory reset will help you, but others can chime in.

Are you talking about the official gingerbread

almostimpact122

Reaction score
So far, and this only what I know as of last Thursday, there isn't a way to go back to stock. I could be wrong though.

OP
HTCuser

HTCuser

Reaction score
Well I never went to the official gingerbread ota I stayed on froyo stock until I put s off and a sense 3.0 rom.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have to wait for someone to post the file. I don't know of a way to revert to stock on a rooted Inc 2 yet.

inm8num2

Reaction score
Yes it's the OTA update.

My phone is RUINED now. Battery life is awful. I have barely used it, only installed 5 simple apps since I got it, etc. CDMA only.

This is RIDICULOUS. I am furious. WHY DID I DO THE STUPID UPDATE?!?!?!

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
If you are on a non rooted phone you are on stock. The update you received was the official OS upgrade from Google/HTC/Verizon. There is no going back to the last version now. Since you are having such a significant problem with your phone, call Verizon and see about getting a replacement. I'm on a Dinc2 myself and I am getting really good battery life. Sucks something happened to yours, but if it were me I'd have it replaced under warranty. Good luck!

inm8num2

Reaction score
Try doing a data wipe.

CM74DX

Do you mean factory reset or another method of wiping data? Please elaborate, thanks.

I'm pretty sure that standby/signal search is the culprit, because all of today I have been doing nearly NOTHING with the phone.

My battery life has been cut in half. JUST GREAT! I had the phone for a week before updating.

Although I bought the phone from Amazon, can I take it into Verizon and still get support?

Only thing I can think of is that during the download, someone called and the download canceled itself. I restarted it only to accidentally cancel it again when checking status just a minute or two after it started, since I wanted to see if it would continue the old download or not (it didn't continue). Third time was a "charm."

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Try doing a data wipe.

CM74DX

Do you mean factory reset or another method of wiping data? Please elaborate, thanks.

I'm pretty sure that standby/signal search is the culprit, because all of today I have been doing nearly NOTHING with the phone.

My battery life has been cut in half. JUST GREAT! I had the phone for a week before updating.

Although I bought the phone from Amazon, can I take it into Verizon and still get support?

Only thing I can think of is that during the download, someone called and the download canceled itself. I restarted it only to accidentally cancel it again when checking status just a minute or two after it started, since I wanted to see if it would continue the old download or not (it didn't continue). Third time was a "charm."

The radio was updated if I am correct. Before doing a whole factory reset, try calling *228, pick option 1. After the automatic reboot, call *228 again and pick option 2.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A data wipe will not revert you back to stock. It will wipe your apps, texts, pictures, etc. but the OS will be the same.

A factory reset may help if you're experiencing lots of trouble with your phone after an update. It's not clear why, but many people have seen vast improvement.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
A word of caution about dialing *228 with a sim card phone. When the thunderbolt came out my local store had signs at every computer terminal that said to never dial *228 because it will destroy the sim card. It happened to many people and it was done by the "trained personnel" in the Verizon stores. Several members here reported having to get their sim cards replaced because of *228.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
A word of caution about dialing *228 with a sim card phone. When the thunderbolt came out my local store had signs at every computer terminal that said to never dial *228 because it will destroy the sim card. It happened to many people and it was done by the "trained personnel" in the Verizon stores. Several members here reported having to get their sim cards replaced because of *228.

I am about 96.5% sure that lte is the complication with *228 and the thunderbolt. It should not do any harm on the inc2. There have been global phones for a while.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk