Gator Architect Here...

Gator Architect

Reaction score
Been lurking the forums for a few weeks and figured it was time for my first post.

Hope to soon be joining the Droid ranks. I am currently using a Samsung Omnia Windows Mobile 6.1 phone and hating every minute of it. I previously had a Samsung SCH i730 Windows Mobile 5 phone. Just got my wife a Droid Incredible over Thanksgiving weekend and I am having serious phone envy. If I was buying a phone right now, I would get a Droid X (love the big screen), but I have been following the Inc HD/Mecha thread hoping that would come out by Christmas. My plan was to wait until Christmas to see if any solid news came out and if not, then just get an X. But I am starting to think that if I am going to wait until then, I might as well wait until CES on Jan 6-9 and see what comes up then. I know the Moto Etna/Olympus is supposed to come out soon after that, so it might be worth waiting until then. I would hate to buy the X around the beginning of the year and then the Etna come out just days after my return period is over. But at the same time, it is getting harder waiting while watching my wife play Angry Birds. I have eased the pain a little on my Omnia by installing Mobile Shell Overlay, but the resistive touch screen is horrendous.

Well, I have rambled enough I guess. Glad to be here. Thanks for the great forum!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. Enjoy you new phone and your time on the Forum.

Mike

billjohnson

Reaction score
Been lurking the forums for a few weeks and figured it was time for my first post.

Hope to soon be joining the Droid ranks. I am currently using a Samsung Omnia Windows Mobile 6.1 phone and hating every minute of it. I previously had a Samsung SCH i730 Windows Mobile 5 phone. Just got my wife a Droid Incredible over Thanksgiving weekend and I am having serious phone envy. If I was buying a phone right now, I would get a Droid X (love the big screen), but I have been following the Inc HD/Mecha thread hoping that would come out by Christmas. My plan was to wait until Christmas to see if any solid news came out and if not, then just get an X. But I am starting to think that if I am going to wait until then, I might as well wait until CES on Jan 6-9 and see what comes up then. I know the Moto Etna/Olympus is supposed to come out soon after that, so it might be worth waiting until then. I would hate to buy the X around the beginning of the year and then the Etna come out just days after my return period is over. But at the same time, it is getting harder waiting while watching my wife play Angry Birds. I have eased the pain a little on my Omnia by installing Mobile Shell Overlay, but the resistive touch screen is horrendous.

Well, I have rambled enough I guess. Glad to be here. Thanks for the great forum!

Welcome to the forum Friend! I still run the OG Droid but the X is very nice from what I see on the forums. I'm considering saving up for one myself. As for the Angry Birds....my wife doesn't even have an Android phone and I still never get to play it...meaning she always steals mine haha. Hit me up with any questions you may have in the future!